30

i searched up the goddamn centipede and guess what it does fucking exist

You

The Chinese Red-headed Centipede. That was the given title for the frightening creature. It didn't matter to me, because all I could feel was the stinging pain from the bites that it left behind.

Yamori could only laugh at how my body shook. He liked to see me begging for mercy, but of course that way for escape never came.

"When. . . When is it going to stop?" My breathing hitched, then it all returned to silence. No more screaming, or shaking. My body calmed down, and was somewhat cooperating with me. It was not an easy process, but I was able to minimize the pain that I felt.

Ai yawned, sitting next to my chair. I returned into the void landscape inside my mind. It was utterly useless for me to try and talk to her. Or for a fact, that was what I thought. Ai was strange. At one moment she would warmen up towards me, and at the other, she was throwing insults and profanities at me. In a way, she reminded me of Levi. But not so much. I wondered if a lot of people were like that.

"Stupid." She commented.

"You're the one allowing him to hurt you."

"But I can't escape."

Her eyes shone a little brighter, in a scary way. She did not respond right away.

"It's not that you can't. You just don't want to."

A moment of silence followed. I came to think, that Ai was so sure with her actions most of the time, while I was quite weak and uncertain. My mind never stays in the same track, my beliefs vary, my feelings are never constant, and my decisions are hesitant. What more do I need to define a failure?

"Look." She said. My eyes followed her gaze to spot two little girls playing around in a filthy surrounding. They both had [h/c] hair that was short and ruffled. Then someone that vaguely had the same appearance as Kaneki, except probably over 10 years younger, with dark black hair came into the picture.

"Hey, Ai, [f/n]? It's getting late. I think it's about time we find something to eat" His voice quivered.

"Kaneki, you're a freaking man, for goodness sake! Don't talk like a little baby!"

"Is that you. . ?" I asked my sister. She nodded lightly, allowing me to return my attention towards the scene before me. At this point, I realized that I was no longer strapped onto the chair.

"Stop picking on him, Aiya [l/n], he's your brother!" Little me crossed her arms.

"You're not my mom." She commented before jumping around him to make more snarky insults.

The persistence in [f/n]'s eyes wavered for a semi-second, before coming back, but with much more courage. "Stop it. At least he was nice enough to take us in, you ungrateful brat."

"You're really no fun, [f/n]. I was just messing around, and let's not forget this little rat would die of starvation if not for us, after all. And what's with your attitude today?"

I began to remember the moment more clearly. I could predict what happened next.

It was the first time [f/n] dared to use violance against her sister, by far the only person she ever came to know in the dirty world she lived in, besides Kaneki, obviously. She swung her leg towards her, sending her flying to the ground with a painful thud.

Ai was surprised by the unusual manners of her sophisticated twin. "Hey!" The bruised girl got up in a fighting stance. "That's enough, [f/n]. What's wrong with you?"