9

another short chapter sigh

Third Person

The man had let himself in without your confirmation, having Armin close the door for him. He placed the food that he was carrying on the nightstand.

"Eat," Was all he said.

"You can't make me." You glared at him.

He grabbed a piece of bread, and forcefully shoved it into your mouth unexpectedly.

"C-Captain, perhaps you should let her eat on her own?" Armin said in your defense.

"Shut up, brat." He growled. "I didn't waste my time to babysit this fucking useless piece of shit. She's going to eat all of this, whether she likes it or not."

You struggled to push him away, but your attempts were futile. He grabbed both of your wrists, pinning them over your head in order to keep you still. He continued to shove food into your mouth, until finally, the platter was empty, and void of any nutritious substances to eat.

You looked at him with hate burning in your eyes. He was simply doing what he was ordered to, and he had not known how much his actions were going to ruin your health.

His hands had finally left yours, he no longer had any need or reason to stay in your territory, so he simply picked up the dishes, and left.

The moment he was gone, you instantly ran to the bathroom, violently trying to purge what you had eaten before it got digested. Repeatedly punching your own stomach, you hoped it would somehow helped.

In the end, you gave up. Your mind had convinced you that you couldn't do a single thing by now.

"[f/n]. . . Please tell me if something is wrong. I don't want to be useless." Armin told you, upset with himself.

"Please just leave me alone." You mumbled.

"Ah," He felt like he wasn't needed by you at all, but eventually, he pushed away the thought. "Please do tell me if you aren't at ease. I am your friend, after all."

You heard the door close lightly. Getting up on your feet, you glanced at yourself in the mirror. Your eyes were slowly changing into a black hue, and your adoring [e/c] pupils had turned red. You gasped as you abruptly backed away, and had your body harshly slam against a wall.

"W-what. . Am I?" You breathed out. Tears were falling down your cheeks, as your mind was desperately trying to dig for some sort of explanation for your current state. You clutched your head tightly, then slowly moved closer towards the reflective surface, the palm of your hand then cautiously made contact with the smooth glass.

"Was I, always. . . Like this?" You asked your reflection, as if you could get an answer or some sort of response from it.

You blinked a couple of times, then tried looking away, thinking when you'd look back, all you'd see was a normal girl with her usual [e/c] orbs, [h/l] [h/c] hair, and [s/t] skin.

You inhaled deeply, then slightly touched the small red veins forming cracks around your eyes. You slowly observed every detail, taking in every single bit of information. After a while, your hand dropped to your side, and you kept staring at yourself in the mirror.

Your hand reached for your hair, untying it, to let it fall loose. Your eyes scanned the hairtie that you've been keeping for as long as you could remember. It had a somewhat similar colour to your hair, making itself less noticeable. However, it did have two beads on it. They were of a [f/c]-ish tone.

You blinked a couple of times, your mind tried replaying a few memories, but nothing was vivid enough for you to perceive the intended meaning of. All you could understand was that the hairtie somehow played an important role of discovering who you used to be. Perhaps it was passed down to you by someone close?

Your mind couldn't comprehend all of it, so you chose to go back and rest. Secretly thinking that it would all go away when you woke up, even though you knew that was all plain fiction.

-----

"Perhaps, she could be an entirely new type of a Titan Shifter." Hanji had suggested.

"The chances are quite high, but I doubt so." The commander leaned back in his chair.

"Then perhaps, she's a pain in the ass." Levi said, not so interested with the topic.

"Levi, can't you take this more seriously?" The Commander wasn't so happy with his behaviour.

"Whatever she is, she would be a great advantage for the Survey Corps, and another step for Humanity." She fixed her glasses. "But of course, it could be the other way around."

"Then if she was to be a threat to us," Levi said. "The only option would be to destroy her."