24

do you just ever start to watch a new anime series, and then the opening theme starts playing, and you're there like "eh this sounds like such a bad song ugh even tho the show is pretty good."

BUT, after watching a couple more episodes, you actually start to like the song??? and then it somehow becomes your ringtone, your new alarm tune, your number one jam for the next 10 months, and you're just there wondering why you didnt like it in the first place??????

yeah totally me.

first, i dont think i wrote this chapter nicely enough

second, it was nearly a week since i last updated ugh school

third, i know that i havent been using the lovely collages anymore, & i apologize. i didnt think it could happen, but it did. i ran out of levi collages :[

You.

"I'll get your book back first thing in the morning."

I woke to the sound of a knock at my door. I refused to get up, and began to ponder upon whether I had any appointments with anyone today.

I groggily rubbed my eyes, and removed the covers enveloping me, forcing myself to head to the door. In the process, I allowed myself to look at the rose Kaneki gave me the other day. Some of the tips of its petals were beginning to wilt, sadly.

"Who's there?" I said with a little yawn.

I tapped my chin, and realized that Hanji had to return my book that I left at the captain's room by accident. That must be her at the door.

I grabbed the handle, and swung it open. Before I could say a word, the figure tackled me inside, and shut the door close. My mouth was covered by their hand, probably to prevent any screams that would erupt out of my system.

Finally, the hand was removed, and I gasped for air. I gulped as I saw the person I least wanted to see put a finger on their lips, as a sign for me to refrain from making any unwanted loud noises.

"Levi, what the hell are you doing in my room?!" I nearly chocked on my own words, as it was the first sentence my mind could think of saying.

Instead of giving me an answer, he leaned onto me and pulled me into a hug, and I nearly gasped at the sudden contact.

His hands were wrapped tightly around my back, and his face rested on my shoulder weakly. It felt like he had trouble standing properly, because of the small amount of weight that I felt him apply onto my small body.

"I'm sorry." He breathed in a somewhat depressed tone.

I realized something was wrong with him.

"Are you alright?" I asked nervously.

"It doesn't matter right now." He exhaled.

Unexpectedly, he pulled away. The warmth fading along with the loss of his contact. His fingers reached for my chin to bring my eyes to face his.

"[f/n], tell me the truth," He began.

A small wave of anxiety hit me.

"Did you really forget?"

I wanted to look down at the ground at the sound of that one question, yet I could not due to my chin being held in place. I didn't have a clue what he meant whenever he would bring up this sort of topic.

What did I have to remember?

"Please elaborate." I asked.

He flinched ever so slightly, his eyes displaying contemplation. Until finally, he said. "Alright." His fingers left my chin. "It's about time."

He sat down on the edge of my bed, and I followed suit.

"To start things off, we lived in the underground together." He started, looking up at the ceiling with his eyes closed. He appeared to be very stressed by how he looked and spoke.

"Do you remember that?" He questioned after a moment of silence.

I bit my lip, and tried to grab at any relevant memory of the sort. I noticed him look at me a little desperately, hoping for the answer he needed to hear.

I closed my eyes shut, and formed my hands into fists. I needed to try harder for Levi's sake.

"But you'll have to promise me that you'll find me again someday."

I blinked, somehow being capable of grasping at a few small strands of the past.

"Someday, I'm gonna go up there."

I looked at Levi's eyes. They were now filled to the brink with pain and misery.

"I'm sorry, I don't think-"

He grabbed my shoulders, and pleaded, "Please, try again."

I stared into his grey orbs, and felt a pang of guilt slam against me. I nodded slowly, and averted my gaze onto my hands. I played around with the hair tie around my wrist.

"Th-this is. . . It's beautiful, Levi! I love it!"

Did I receive it from him?

I decided to ask.

"This hairtie. . ." I spoke. "Did you give it to me?"

He looked a little relieved.

"Yes, it was your sixteenth birthday, remember?" He said.

I proceeded to stare at the item, knowing that I needed to remember something. Anything, at this state. It wasn't just for Levi, matter of factly. I had to know too.

Wait, I thought. My sixteenth birthday?

"It's your birthday today isn't it, brat?" Levi asked suddenly after we sat down on a roof to have our lunch.

I hummed as I gave him an answer. "Yeah, but I don't think that it's really important."

"Whatever." He said. "I found something, but I don't think I'll be needing it. You can have it instead."

I glanced at the small item he pulled out of his pocket, and handed to me.

I gasped, "Th-this is. . . It's beautiful, Levi! I love it!"

I put my hair up into a ponytail, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw his lips curve into a smile.

I quickly hugged him right after I was done, and gave him a peck on the cheek. "Thank you, Levi."

After I let go, I saw a small blush creep onto his cheeks.

I smilled to myself as I was finally able to remember that one scenario.

"I- I think I remember." I pointed out happily.

"Good." He said. "Even if it's only a little, we can work from there."

I continued smiling for a while. Then a thought ran across my mind that I needed an answer to.

I looked at Levi, and asked him the question.

"How close did we use to be?"

I waited patiently as he thought of an answer.

"It depends on how you choose to view it, actually."

"I see." I said.

Not too long after, I felt his hands snake around my waist all of a sudden.

"Levi?" I gasped.

"I'm sorry, I can't hold it in anymore." He said. "May I?"

His lips were only a few mere inches away from mine. On instinct, I wrapped my hands around his neck. Slowly, I closed the gap between us.

It was just a simple kiss. Not more, not less. It didn't last for over three seconds either.

He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine.

"[f/n]?"

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"Be mine."