20

i couldnt get rid of a headache as i was writing this, so thank you dear brain for deciding to conveniently provide me with pain that sure as hell did not help me with writing :))) *insert middle finger emoji*

oK BUT

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU MY BEAUTIFUL READERS FOR OVER 200+ VOTES, NEARLY 300 COMMENTS, AND 2.7K+ READS OMGG AHSDFFGGHKLQWERXCVM

what is air

You.

We were on our way back. Many soldiers were lost, and once again, no progress was made. Sadly, we could not return back into the walls with happy faces, or with something we could use to bring humanity a step away from extinction.

A while ago, Levi ordered for us to enter a forest to prevent any titan contact. He was once again taking the lead, with Eren, and me still sharing a horse, behind.

"[f/n], who did you think that figure was?" Ai asked me. This was such a crucial question that I could not obtain an answer to. "Oh right, you can't talk, sorry."

My eyes continously scanned over the thick trees in hopes of luckily seeing the same man again. All of the new information I've been picking up throughout the expedition was too new to me, and hard to take in.

"[f/n], do you think we should find that person?" Ai spoke again.

I sighed, knowing that the chances were small and thin. Not to mention, I wouldn't know what I could obtain from my efforts to capture the mysterious man. The only hint I knew was that he was a ghoul such as me, but other than that, nothing.

"What if I told you that I'm able to sense the presence of other ghouls? Would that help?" She offered for her help again.

I felt hesitant. Still likely unsure of my next choices and actions.

"What if I told you he's following you?"

My eyes widened, and I had only wished he did not intend to harm Levi, nor Eren, in this case.

"Are you oblivious to his presence?" She asked me.

I whispered as silently as I could, "But I don't see anything besides trees."

"Look again." She ordered.

My eyes examined the trees for a second time. Closely taking in anything that looked off.

"Still nothing?"

I did not loose hope easily, and was determined to keep on looking for the man. According to how Ai has been concerned of his existence, I could understand that he was more important than I thought.

And at last, I noticed a black shadow-like figure staring from afar, eyeing me just as curiously as I did of him. Now I could take note of his details; a mask covered his face, on which had a large grin. His clothing was indeed all black. His hair was strangely as white as the winter's snow.

"Go after him." She told me in a raspy voice.

Immideately, without thinking I fired my wires towards him, and blasted off.

"[f/n]!" Eren called my name, certainly clueless of what my intentions were.

"You're not getting away twice." I threatened the man I was after.

He didn't say a word, and swiftly backed away.

"Who are you?" I asked.

He didn't answer my question either, but released his kagune with no hesitation, and went right ahead to attack me.