17

okay okay, so i had this idea that in my version, ghouls are like gods to the titans, mainly because they feast on both humans and titans, earning them their position on the top of the food chain. also because they have always been more powerful than a majority of the titans, so they have been worshipped by the ugly things for centuries, long before humanity was threatened to be extinct. does that sound good enough? haha xD

mkay so without further a do

You.

"[f/n], I've been watching you. I've always been watching you."

My eyes were shut, and I strongly sensed a presence circling around me, talking to me about things I did not understand. I tried to move my hands and feet, but it seemed that I was tied down onto a chair with chains.

"Have you grown lonely without me?" The female voice let out a giggle. Her question sounded more like a statement.

My mouth felt incredibly dry as I parted my lips, and managed to speak, "Who the hell are you?"

Silence. Then laughter.

"Shut up, and just answer me!"

I heard the laughter die down, and the clicking sound of footsteps approach me, then a soft hand made contact with my cheek. Caressing it gently, then lining out my jawline, and then my lips. Strangely, her hand was very cold, and her touch appeared to be a form of curiosity, rather than affection of any sorts.

"Alright, you deserve an explanation." She said.

Her fingers laced with the blindfold around my eyes, and she gently took the rag off.

Finally, I could see her.

I did not widen my eyes, as I did not feel any amount of fear or shock. The girl had a huge resemblance to myself, except there were huge odd looking tentacles sprouting out of her back.

"You're not alarmed at all. Better than I expected." She smirked.

I was amazed, to say the least. Despite the similarity to myself, she was indeed far more beautiful than I was. Her tentacles were giving the final touch to her look, as it made her appear to be somewhat majestic.

She placed a hand on her chest. "Aiya [l/n]. Normally Ai, as a nickname. Does that name remind you of anything?"

I thought hard, but I couldn't dig up for an answer.

"Heh, figures." She said. "I might reconsider now that I'm beginning to find amusement from you. I suppose you don't have to know everything about yet."

"Can I ask you something?" I said.

"Hmm?"

". . Where are we, exactly?" I asked after noticing the clear white for miles and miles, with no other living creature to be seen besides ourselves.

"This, my dear [f/n], is the inside of your mind."

"I wonder why it's so empty." I retorted.

She laughed, "That's simply because you are unconscious at the current moment, therefore you might describe this as, well, a dream."

"So does that make you real?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"More or less, my darling."

"Please kindly elaborate." I said, hungry for answers deep inside.