19

im still eagerly waiting here for the main conflict of the story to finally begin, but that's still kinda a long way to go and it kinda makes me sad and impatient

this chapter was written at approximately 2am so if some parts do no make sense then you at least know why

but all of that aside, enjoy!^^

You.

I wanted to think about the words that Levi had said over and over, in hopes of being able to gain understanding of what he really meant. I felt entirely clueless. However, it was not the right time for that. I was needed elsewhere; not tangled in my own thoughts and emotions- lost somewhere in the middle of quite a large forest filled with idiotically gigantic trees, but in the battle field whereas many soldiers are risking their lives for the sake of humanity's survival.

I immideately rushed to find an exit by blasting my wires towards the farthest tree that they could reach. In the middle of the entire process, I let myself glance to the side, and my eyes fell upon an unfamiliar figure moving swiftly across the trees. I could not take note of much of their appearance, because of the inhuman speed they were at.

I was too focused on the strange person, to the point I forgot about the tree which I was headed to. I bumped right into it- head first- and fell on to the ground.

I began rubbing my forehead out of sheer pain, and let out a few quiet hissing sounds. It was right then when I realized the absence of Ai's remarks.

"Hey, Ai?" I called.

Silence.

I was actually worried, honestly.

"Ai, are you okay?"

"Shh! Quiet!"

I blinked in confusion, and looked back to where I first noticed the figure. For some odd reason, they stopped, and stood still.

My eyes widened as I was finally aware of the fact that the said person was staring at me from afar, and I was both eager and frightened to find out their identity. Perhaps, they could even offer some new information.

Filled with determination, I stood up, and headed towards them. However, as I had expected, they immideately ran away at my arrival.

"No, wait! Come back!" I yelled out, and chased after them.

"You won't catch him at this rate, idiot. Let me provide you with some help." Ai offered.

I exhaled, "If it's my only choice, then I suppose you can give it a go."

"This might be a new feeling for you, so hang in there." She warned.

I didn't have time to inquire her about what she meant by that, as I nearly screamed as I felt the skin on my back tare apart, and something gliding out.

My body arised into the air, and I was gliding through the tall trees. Somehow, I was catching up with the person in front of me.

"Are these the same tentacle thingies that I've seen you have in my dream?" I asked.

"Yes, they are." She said. "Every Ghoul has them. It's called a kagune. Except each one is different, which makes every Ghoul unique in their own way."

"Alright, that's interesting."

I kept my eyes locked on the person I was after, and noticed a similiar kagune form erupt from their back. I was a bit startled to discover the fact that he was a being like me. Clearly, it convinced me more to go after them.

This way, they escaped faster, until eventually, they were out of sight. Regardless, I didn't give up. I probably had ventured the entire damned forest, yet to no avail, I just could no longer find him.