7

this chapter is kinda short

im sorry

nevertheless, enjoy!

You

"There, there, [f/n]. I'm sure he didn't mean it. I'll make him pay, too, if you'd like that." Hanji tried to comfort me.

My fingers fumbled around with the hem of my dress. Right after the Captain has described how horrible I looked, the dress just somehow lost its appeal.

"It's okay, Hanji." I reassured her that I was fine, even though my heart was screaming at me, telling me that it was all a lie.

The woman frowned, which made me feel guilty. Then, an idea spiked up in my head.

"So what was it that you wanted to show me?"

She regained her enthusiastic composure, as a grin made its way back onto her face.

"Ah, right. Follow me~"

-----

I nearly screamed when my eyes landed on the two giant and hideous "things" being held together by chains. I put a hand over my mouth, and tried to hide the fact that I was shocked, and partially scared.

"Shawney~ Bean~" She approachedd them. "I hope you behaved yourself while I was gone."

"H-Hanji, are you sure this is safe?" I asked, fear evident in my voice.

"Hmm?" She turned to me. "Of course it is! My babies won't hurt a single fly!"

She patted the head of one of her pets, nearly getting herself bitten. She backed away in time to prevent the case, laughing in the process.

All this added up to my theory that the scientist had lost her strings. Her behavior was insane; she nearly gotten herself killed, for goodness sake!

But then again, in a completely devastated world such as this one, is there really anyone left that can be claimed to be absolutely ordinary and normal?

"Shawney, Bean, say hi to my new friend, [f/n]." She glanced at you. "Be nice to her."

"Um. . .Hi?" I waved my hand nervously at the two. I felt stupid, honestly.

"Is that what you call a proper way to greet someone?" Hanji asked.

"Then what do you reckon I do?"

"Get over here and shake hands!" She said, sternly.

I gave her an 'are you serious?!' sort of look.

"Don't worry, I was just joking." She laughed. "But you should come over here."

I looked at the Titans hesitantly, staying still in place.

"They can sense your fear if you're standing all the way over there, you know." She said in a disturbingly frightening tone, with her eyes holding a mild crazed look in them, causing an unpleasant feeling of unease.

My legs brought me closer to her, despite the fact that my mind wasn't convinced whether I was exposed to danger and risk or not.

The scent of skin coming from the Titans invaded my nostrils, never have I felt this way before, yet this sensation seemed to be extravagantly familiar to me. I was greatly pleased with delight; the euphoria filling up my entire being. The aroma combined with the texture from the creature's flesh was truly unbearable; I was in paradise.

". . .[f/n]?" I heard a voice that was partially muffled because of the overwhelming excitement that I was holding in inside of me.

"What?!" I snapped at her. This wasn't me. At least I didn't feel like it was, but I never felt more alive before.

Hanji was frozen in place, her widened eyes not even once losing contact with mine.

"How dare you interrupt my glorious moment?" I growled. She rubbed her eyes, then looked back at me.

". .Did I hit my head?" She mumbled to herself.

I gritted my teeth, then I felt the energy slowly draining away from me. I fell on my knees, my vision was getting blurry, and Hanji's voice was completely muted out by my mind. I collapsed on the cold ground. I couldn't comprehend a single thing that was going on.