23

so at first i was like 'wait she cant tell him about her feelings yet?? no no no no this is happening too fas-'

and then i felt a good mental slap and realized it was the goddamn 22nd chapter HAHA romance was bound to happen since like the beginning?????

ok nevermind that, but can we just take a good darn moment to appreciate the amount of hotness levi is capable of displaying in a tux

yeah._.

oh and thanks for the 3k+ reads and all the people that left ultra mega lovely comments! (you know who you are)

oH AND PLS DONT KILL ME BUT THIS IS LITERALLY THE SHORTEST CHAPTER THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE SERIES

perhaps not even our beloved heicho can compare

You.

"I apologize, [f/n]. I promise that I can explain."

As I was about to throw another insult against him, a knock came from the door.

"Come in." Levi exhaled.

I looked back to see Erwin enter the room with a few papers in his arms, and a confused look on his face. "I heard a lot of yelling from outside. Does something seem to be the matter?"

"Mind your own business." Levi replied.

"Ah, [f/n]. Hanji has been looking around for you." He switched topics; to which I was very thankful for, clearly. I needed to get out of this situation.

"Oh, alright. Thank you, sir." I said as I did a salute, and went out of the room and left Levi with commander Erwin to talk.

I walked out, and clenched my fists in embarrassment and anger.

I have only the smallest amount of time left before I have to eventually confront things with Levi.

Wasn't looking forward to it all, I'd tell you that.

"Hi, [f/n], are you looking for someone?" Armin politely greeted me.

"Hey, Armin." The frustration managed to wash away from me for a moment. "In fact, yes I am. Have you seen Hanji anywhere?"

"Yes, she was just jumping around earlier around the cadet's rooms looking for you."

"Okay, thanks!" I smiled at him, and ran off to where I was told Hanji had been.

*Little Time Skip Because Why Would You Want to Read a Pharagraph About You Running*

My eyes spotted the enthusiastic female talking to Jean- probably still hunting for me.

"Hanji!" I called out to her. She swiftly turned around, and gave me a hug.

"Found you~!"

I chuckled, "Why were you looking for me, exactly?"

She backed away and immideately crossed her arms with a displeased look. "I just can't believe you left me in town!"

I felt guilt rise into me as I had recalled my return to the HQ without her. "I'm really sorry about that."

"Alright, buuuut, I was looking for you so you could give me an explanation." She finished.

"Ah, that," I scratched my head. "It's a long story."

"Well, tell me about it later!" She hopped around. "Right now, you owe me by helping with something in my lab."

"H-help you with what?" I nervously asked, knowing not to expect anything safe and trustable when it was related to Hanji.

"Hmm, you can just help me sort a few stuff here and there." She grinned. "I would ask shortie, but you know him."

"Yeah. . ." My voice trailed off.

Hanji noticed the dullness in my eyes, and dared to ask, "Is something wrong between you two?"

I thought about an answer, until I finally remembered something, and nearly slapped myself for realizing how stupid I was.

"Oh my gosh!" I clasped my mouth with one hand.

"What?" Hanji's eyes widened.

"I left my book at Levi's office!" I nearly shrieked out.

"Which book? The one about horses? I mean, the one that. . . Petra, lended you?" She said her name cautiously.

"N-no." I panicked.

What if he decided to read it?

"Shit, I have to get it back somehow."

"I can help." She volunteered.

"Brilliant idea!" Some hope sparked up inside me. "Please retrieve it for me."

"Anything for a friend." She smiled.

"Thank you, Hanji." I clasped my two hands together as a sign of gratitude. "I'll be waiting outside near the stables."

She gave me a thumbs up and headed towards his office.

===

I was just brushing my horse, and waited for Hanji to come back with my book- hopefully.

I heard distant chattering, and out of instinct, I quickly returned my horse into its place, and hid behind a few bushes.

"Remind me why the fuck we need to do this?"

Oh god, it was him.

"Levi, you know very well why."

That must be Erwin.

"Tch." I heard Levi let out his signature sound.

I heard a few wooden doors open, and two horses brought out of the stables.

I wondered where it was that Levi and the commander were going to.

I heard Levi sigh, and say something I couldn't quite catch, just before the both of them mounted their horses, and rode off.

I got out of my hiding place cautiously to make sure they were gone, and went back to the stables to finish grooming my horse.

Just on time, Hanji appeared with a dissapointed look on her face. "I'm sorry, [f/n]. But that leprachaun locked the door to his room before I could even get in to take the book. He didn't believe I was after the book in the first place either."

I gulped as only one thought ran across my mind.

[f/n], you're so dead.