Muscle spasms

Comment? Vote? Fav? Hugs and Kisses- BoLoves.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corey.

Edited.

I was dreaming. Please, god, let me be dreaming. In the yellow glare of the headlights, I took a step toward him.

"Who's in the car?" I heard someone ask from behind me, frowning as the car kicked up dust. "Who's in the car?!"

"Isaac!" EJ screamed, his voice distant and far away as I took another step. Without anymore words, I saw Alex, Jace, Vinnie and Cole take off running.

"Get out of the car Isaac!"

"Corey! Move out of the fucking way!" The scream erupted from Sam's throat, as I stood stationary, staring down the head lights at the end of the dead end street Vinnie lived on. "Corey!"

"What are you waiting for!" I shouted at Isaac until my voice broke, and he revved the engine of the Mustang over my cries.

The headlights began to race toward me. All I could think of was my Maman's soft voice in my ear saying, Reed Renshaw got into a car accident last night. The headlights charged closer and closer, my vision blurred with the tears tumbling down my face, as I stood, planted in the middle of the road.

I gazed up at the clouds floating across the stars and sighed. And as I closed my eyes, someone was tackling me out of the way. Their body pinning mine down in the dirt.

"The fuck was that, huh? What the fuck was that?" Izzy was yelling at me, as Sam was cooing.

"It's okay, it's okay, it's okay."

They held my trembling body in their arms as we sat in the red dirt of the run off lane. The whole party — the whole street — had come out to see what was happening, and I sat sobbing so hard it burned.

"He knows," I wailed. "He knows about Reed and he still did that." My broken sobs echoed up and down the street.

The moment Isaac slowed the car to turn back around, Cole, Alex, Vinnie and EJ stood in the glare of the headlights and Jace dove through the window, yanking the keys out. After that, all bets were off. They dragged a resistant Isaac out of the car as he antagonized them.

"You're strong Cole? Why'd you never stand up to your dad, huh? Fucking pathetic little bitch — Alex how the fuck can you lecture me about drink driving huh? Huh? And you? Blondie? Jace is it? Right. Go fuck yourself." He took a swing at Jace, but EJ's hands firmly clamped around his arms. EJ, Alex and Vinnie walked him back to the house. Tex drove the car back into Vinnie's driveway and Cole walked off by himself down the road.

"Go," Sam said. "I got her, go after him Izzy."

Izzy leaned down and kissed my forehead. "Love you, girl," she said, and sprinted after Cole.

The party and the street forgot about Sam and I still sitting in the shadows and went back inside. All but Jace. He came cautiously up to us, his hands on the back of his head. I still cried, tasting gin and vodka in a toxic mix in my mouth.

"He fucking knows what happened to her!" I screamed at Jace, rising up to my knees, my vision half gone. I focused on his bright, gentle, blue eyes. He kneeled beside me, his hands on my legs. Why'd his hands have to feel so nice? So warm and strong — fuck everything.

"What happened, babe?"

"To Reed! He fucking knows and he did that!" Beside me, Sam gasped a sob and her tears fell onto my shoulder. She breathed deep and regained herself.