I'm a prick but wow.

This is for Sammy who waited ever so patiently ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cole.

Edited.

I made the ameture mistake of hanging out with Izzys cousins on Saturday after my footy game.

I played for a team outside of Easts High - the North Eastwood Giants. I played in the year 11&12's division, as well as Colts occasionally. I hung around after my game and watched the Finlay boys play, hiding my head from the girls who'd come to watch the teams play.

And yeah, a part of me was looking out for Izzy's curly red hair. Fuck that part of me.

The only reason I was hanging out with them after the game was cause a few girls had been hitting me up to hook up after the game - I wasn't in the mood so I lied and said I was busy. Guilty, I then made actual plans to ease my conscious.

And there I ended up, at Izzy's place, staring up at her second story window from the backseat of Axel Wozniak's Holden Commodore. I was well aware my hands were shaking.

Axel cut the engine and the boys climbed out, but I stayed there, staring. The car was full of footy bags and suffocating me with the smell of sweat, Lynx and grass.

The boys pulled out trays and tubs of food from the boot. From outside, Tyler grinned. "Oi Cole! C'mon!"

"Izzys dad's been on strike for the past few weeks," Axel said, his arms shaking underneath the weight.

I held the door open for the boys. The smell of pasta sauce filled the air, rosemary and oregano overpowering the after footy stench we were giving off.

Izzy was sitting on the kitchen bench when we came in, tapping her pen on her temple as she read a school text book.

Izzy glanced up and shoved her book off her lap. "You're fucking kidding. I just started tea."

"Wow Iz, your welcome," Axel grunted, slamming down the tubs of food onto the cluttered bench space.

"Sorry - I'm sorry," Izzy said, and caught me standing at behind her cousins. God, god, I wanted to - "Thanks boys. Tell your mums I said so, too."

"No worries."

Blaine, Tyler and Axel were at home in Izzy's house. Izzy's siblings came running out to meet them, into the boys arms. I hovered in the doorway, arms crossed as the Finlay family did what they did best - became so loud and grew so large they blocked out everything and everyone else.

I just wondered what it would be like to have a family like that. But behind the the boys and the Harris siblings, Izzy still sat on the bench - watching them with a glaze over her eyes. Izzy was chewing gum, her lips pouty and pink. We were back in Vinnie's theatre room and those lips were - oh fuck. Okay. Walk the fuck away. I didn't though, I stayed rooted in the doorway.

"You can come in, Cole."

No, Axel, no I couldn't. Cause I couldn't fucking walk.