Welcome to the Jungle.

Izzy.

Edited.

Jace was making out with Corey. I could hear the party beating behind me, and felt the cool air kiss my cheeks, but I was stuck.

My reasons for being outside of the party evaded me, as I watched Jace make out with Coco.

I could see her smiling, from where I stood, froze taking a half a step toward them. I threw my hands in the air silently, and wished to God that piece of shit Isaac was around to watch Corey smile.

My mouth was hanging open, until I dug my back teeth together to keep from squealing. I glanced behind me and saw Alex jump down from the patio and tip toe toward me, his face in awe. I slapped Alex's arm and jumped up and down, gasping.

"Ow! Yes, yes Izzy I see!" Alex pushed me off and turned to get a good look at our best friends. "Oh my fucking God they're actually kissing."

They broke away and we ducked, even though there was nothing to hide behind. Jace kissed her cheek as she backed away from him, kissing his fingers. Corey went toward Sam's place, and Jace stood for a moment, staring after her. He went inside, after a moment smiling at her fading silhouette, not taking of Alex and I from where he stood, in the shadows on the trees.

My mind clicked back into gear. Sam - her father - an overdose. Jesus Christ, don't let him be dead.

"Cole, right, I was looking for Cole," Alex muttered.

I jerked my eyes toward him, and grabbed his sleeve. "Why?"

"His dad is inside and he ran off."

"Fuck!" I shouted and clenched my fists glancing between Sam's house and Jace's front yard. My head was splitting down the middle, a tight pain forming behind my eyes. "Okay, find Cole, take him to Sam's," I said aloud and breathed out deeply.

"Sam?" Alex frowned, his hand against my arm.

I squeezed his hand and searched the bush around Jace's house for any sign of Cole. "I dunno man, she said her dad was in a bad way."

"Cole, then Sam," Alex said fervently.

A car pulled up at the mouth of Jace's driveway, and drove slowly down. Alex and I were caught in the headlights of the car dropping and I squinted to see who it was, climbing out.

Alex noticed before me, and gasped. "How you going?"

"Not great." Bodhi swallowed and nodded. "But, um, Georgie called and said she needed me pretty bad, so here I am." She rubbed her eyes and held her hands over mouth for a moment, before she shook out her shoulders.

My heart broke several times watching her, and I felt my stomach cramp.

"The cops are here. Noise complaint or some shit, I'll walk you up?" Alex said. He threaded his arm through hers and I followed as they walked together to Jace's place. My mind was absent of anything else, other than watching Bodhi sway as she walked, and Alex guide her.

We reached the patio and I turned away from the door, my jaw clenched as I tried to keep from crying. I held my hands on my hips, and gave in, crying.