Chapter two: Oh no

The radiator hose broke so we were forced to stop. Oh no, here it comes, well this was nice, seeing new faces, sitting instead of walking and only sleeping for two hours. Even though I couldn't sleep this whole ride.

"Spread out! One of these cars should have one! Everyone else search for supplies!" A sheriff shouted. After a few minutes many different snarls filled my ears and the smell of dead rotted flesh filled the air.

"Under the cars!" I screamed. Everyone did has I said, OK? That's good I guess, I just saved their lives. I rolled under a silver car right across from a little girl around my age.

I brought my index finger up to my lips to tell her to be quiet, she covered her mouth with her small hands to quiet herself. I was whimpering from fear as well, one could trip and see me, see all of us then we'd all be dead and done for. We sat there for a minute only hearing the snarls off in the far distance ahead of us. The girl must of thought it was safe because she started crawling across to me. I shook my head just has a walker crossed. No! The girl screamed and ran into the woods. I looked around and noticed it was clear and chased after her into the ditch.

Crap! My bag is in the RV! I do have my swiss army knife thank god. I ripped it off neck and finally caught up to the girl. I grabbed her shoulder and forced her to a stop, she let out a scream and I covered her mouth.

"Hey, I'm Josefine. I'm with the men in the RV. I think you are too right?" She nodded.

"Sophia... Oh please you have to help!" She pleaded.

"That's why I'm here," I messed with my swiss army knife until I found the knife part of it. I held it up in defense has one of the two walkers finally caught up. I was scared, I'm not brave enough for this even if I was trained all my life. He's tall! I'm only four eight! I know that im short but hopefully i can use it to my advantage. I looked around and saw a good climbing tree.

"There!" I whiper-yelled so not to atrract more walkers. We ran over to it and she climbed up first with me close behind. I was just about where she was at before one of the walkers grabbed my foot, I let out a scream as it yanked me down. No, don't be a coward! You have to get this girl back to her family! I pushed my self off the tree I was desperately holding on to, and slammed my left foot into its face. Did I kill it? No I don't have enough strength to do that, just knocked it down. I lunged to it and stabbed it in the eye. I leaned against the tree a sigh of relief escaped me as I slumped against the tall spruce trunk.

"Josefine!" Sophia screamed. A walker wrapped its self around the tree and grabbed my hair. I screamed bloody murder knowing I'd die today.

"Sophia, while... the walkers distracted with me g-o in that d-direction you'll find the highway and go left. You'll find the group" I stammered through tears, she was crying now to.

"No!" And with that she broke a branch off the tree and slapped the walker with it, with that it let go of my long chestnut locks. I ran to the back of the tree where she was crawling away and hitting the walker. Ok don't miss, don't miss. I thought to myself. I grabbed my swiss army knife and threw it.

"Freak!" I yelled making it turn towards me, just then it dropped dead with the knife right in it's crown. Huh, I did it! A smile grew on my face and Sophia ran up and hugged me.

"Thank you!" She said. I laughed and returned her hug,

"Shh, walkers will hear. Haha, thank you for saving me too" I whispered.

"Lets go back to the group?" I finished.

"Lets" with that we ran back to the highway.

It took a good half an hour, didn't think we were that far in really.

No ones here....

"Jose? Where is everyone?" I looked a noticed a sign on the back car window. 'Sophia, Josephine stay here. Well come back everyday at dawn.' Supplies was also left. Juices, water, crackers, granola bars, blankets and a flashlight and batteries. They spelt my name wrong... it's pronounced like that but not spelt like it. I glared at it for awhile before realizing the situation once again.

"Well should we go to sleep? Tomorrows dawn will come a lot faster." I put out.

"Yeah... Lets put all this in the car" she sniffled. with that we pulled the supplies into the car. all the food and drinks were on the drivers seat and I slept in the passenger seat that I reclined, well Sophia laid across the back seats. The flash light dimmed to not attracted unwanted attention.

"Soph?" I whispered,

"Yes Jose?" I smiled at our friendship already formed.

"Think they will come back? and let me in your group?"

"Of course they will come back, they have to. And once I say how you took down those walkers and saved me, they'll want you in the group. You can be Daryl's hunting and tracking buddy!" she smiled.

"You really think? And how can you tell I can hunt and track?"

"You seem skilled enough" she laughed. Its true, I hunt with my Grandpa when I was younger, his death didn't pass me that well has everyone. I was a wreck, my Grandpa was more of a father then my Zombie obsessed one. I almost became anorexic because I never left my room to eat, I cut, I was a mess. It wasn't till my dad noticed my depression and took me to the hospital, where I was for a month or two. Its hard to remember...

~ Dream ~

Laughter filled the cool Autumn air has I ran through all the coloured leaves, I was happy in this world. where ever I am. "Jo run!" I heard a male scream, Dad?. I was no longer laughing, there air no longer fresh, but filled with a rotting smell, the beautiful leaves now coated in blood. I stopped in my tracks in font of a cliff. The sounds of moans and snarls filled the air. I turned my head to see walkers! thousands! I stumbled back and fell. I screamed, I was terrified. Here comes the impact.....

~ End ~

I woke up screaming.

"Jose! Whats wrong! you'll attract walkers!" Sophia explained, I could see the worry in her eyes.

"Bad dream.."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"No." I said blankly.

Just and entire day till were saved.

~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 2!!! Yah I know not that good, but I just love writing it!

VOTE! COMMENT! OR JUST READ!

Hey I kinda need a cover so if anyone desides to help email me at: gwenyth2000@live.ca and tell me you wattpad name so I know who to thank lol