Chapter thirteen: Run like hell!

I was running out of breathe quickly with the amount of blood loss. I was scared for myself and Carl and Rick. We jumped the fence and thank god the walkers are to dumb to climb over it. Instead they constantly ran into it. We didn't have enough time to run to get to the others so we dashed into the barn I was held in and Rick held the door closed well me and Carl poured gasoline every where. On the count of three Rick let go of the door and ran up the ladder, kicked it down and told Carl to drop the match. Has it lit up like a candle I retched for Carl's hand and help it tightly in my own. Well I was praying for something to happen the RV came into view has it sped alone Rick yelled at us to jump. It was a painful hit at the speed it was going at. I held firmly onto the roofs bars and closed my eyes tight.

Once the RV stopped I crawled off it and ran to help the others. I was half way to the others before I was held back, I was expecting a walker so I raised the pistol but lowered it since it was Carl. "Don't go" he shouted over the gun Fire. "I can't loose you. I love you" he finished. My eyes filled up with tears has I smiled. "I love you Carl Grimes but I can't keep running away from problems" I said has I kissed his cheek and ran to the others. I shot down six that tried to attack Andrea, Lori, Sophia and Carol. I heard a pain filled scream and turned to see Dale with his stomach ripped open.
"Dale!" I screamed. Me and Andrea ran to his aid before I screamed at her to do something. By now I was crying tears of sadness, just has walkers got closer Andrea put a bullet in his head. I can't believe she did that, my eyes grew with fear has she got up and ran back to Lori and them. By now my shoulder was burning and my vision blurred. I helped out before I had no strength left. I wobbled around before passing out.

"Maxie. Are you ok" Carl whispered in my ear making me shiver in a good way.
"Yeah fine." I smiled. Just then all the white walls turned black and dark has a walker attacked Carl, taking a huge chunk from his shoulder.
"Carl!" I screamed bloody murder! Has he fell to the ground his eyes fluttered shut. I just stood there and watched has the walker came at me, taking a bite out of my forearm. I screamed before realizing it was just a dream. Everyone looked at me that was in the truck. T-dog, Andrea, Sophia and Lori. I noticed it was still dark and ripped cloths were placed on my wound. I looked up and saw my head was placed on Sophia's lap and feet across loris.
I fell back asleep, passing out again.

I woke up with my head on Carl's lap well everyone was outside.
"Carl" I said retching up and touching is face. He looked down at me and smiled.
"How many did we loose?" I asked.
"Shane, Dale, Patricia and Andrea" he whispered. I looked down at my shoulder seeing I was wearing a hoodie. I grabbed the collar of it and yanked it forward and looked down. My shoulder was bandaged across my entire chest. Please say at least a girl did this. I screamed in my head.

I looked back at Carl who was smirking. I let go of the hoodie and blushed.
"Lets go out to the fire, it's warmer" he stepped out of the truck and placed his hands on my and lifted me out.

"Tomorrow we look for a new place" Rick said blankly.
"Maxie come here" I followed Rick away from everybody.
"Stay away from Carl" he spat before walking back to the group. I stood there for a while before heading back, instead of sitting next to Carl I sat next to Sophia. I looked up to Carl and he had a hurt and confused look.

No where's safe, why try. If I could I'd opt out now. But I gotta beat this for more people then just myself.
Carl
Sophia
Amber
My mom
Dad
Stepdad
Grandpa
Uncle
Everyone I have ever cared about from then to now.

How can I stay away from Carl? I can't. That night me, Sophia, and Carl were sleeping in the Honda. Me across the back seat, Carl across the floor beside me, holding my hand. And Sophia leaned the passenger seat out just enough to not squish Carl's legs and slept in the front.
I stared at the roof for hours before looking at Carl. He looked cute asleep. I kept hearing Rick voice in my head repeating what he said to me to tonight.

I'll always be running from something. From Fear to Love.

Hearing Rick, seeing Dale and the pain and fear in his eyes were to much. I was wide awake and couldn't sleep.

________
I hated Dales death, I cried for like an hour. SORRY FOR SUCH A SHORT CHAPTER!
Any ways...
Who do you like better? Josefine or Maxie? I like Maxie. She's sweet but also a badapple lol
VOTE COMMENT JUST READ OR ADD TO LIBRARY!
WOW... What's that? Three chapters in a day? Proves how my social life like... Lol Jk