Chapter 21: Out there

Short chapter :P sorry

-----

"Max! He could still be out there!" Carl shouted.
"I know! But for know we have to keep our heads!" I yelled back.
"Promise me you'll never leave again"
"Carl..., fine I promise, now you have to promise to never leave me" I smiled.
"I promise" Carl whispered before smiling and pulling me into a hug.
"Maxie, I need to talk to you" Rick said, I nodded and followed him into the cafeteria since we got it and the bathrooms cleared, all we need is to find the main power source and Daryl can get the power working.

"Yes" I said kindly.
"Next run your gone" Rick said, like it was nothing.
"W-what? I'm sorry but no" I chuckled.
"You left the group! I didn't except you back in" he raised his voice.
"No" I growled.
"But the group would want me staying" I smiled.
He stood there for several seconds before pulling out a gun.
"The hell?" I yelled.
"I'm doing what Shane said. I agree, for a kid you cause a hell lot of trouble" I stood my ground, shaking a but though has he pressed the gun between my eyes.
"Dad!" Carl yelled, pushing min back and standing in front of me.
"Carl. Go find your mom" Rick said through gritted teeth. Carl didn't move.
"Carl! Now!" Rick shouted and I flinched, never heard him yell at his son before. Rick grabbed Carl's wrist and started pulling him away. What did Carl do? In my eyes, he just wrecked anything left between him and is dad when Carl punched him in the jaw.
"Carl..?" Rick whispered, tears in his eyes trying not to come out.
"Get out of here" Carl snapped.
"Carl-" I started.
"No."
"But-"
"No, he deserved it. You've gone through enough. I've gone through enough. And we, we go through enough ever day"
"I know... It's just the way it is" I whispered, has I walked over to Carl he was sniffling.
"Carl?" I whispered, he didn't even turn around. I walked in front of him and looked at his face, which was tear stained and red.
"Hon, don't cry. Please" I said well wiping his tears away and pushing his long hair out of his face.
I put my hand on the back of his neck and pulled him down to my lips, it's pretty romantic when you think about it, with him being like a few inches taller then me, still allows me to rest my head on his chest, which I do and listen to his fast heart beat.

Later that day....
I was sitting in mine and Carl's cell brushing my long hair. Once I got it brushed out I put it in a lazy bun and the bottom of my head and walked out into the table area we use to eat in before the we cleared the cafeteria. I sat there talking with Sophia about our likes and dislikes and dreams. She likes newer songs, I like oldies. She wants to own a shoe or dress store, I would want my Grandpas Camping, Hunting and more store. She wants to live in a big city. In want a small cabin at a lake. She likes summer, I like fall. She wants a sports boat, I want a fishing. It's strange, were so different, yet were best zombie apocalypse friend. My best friend in the world would be Annabeth May, she's a year younger then me but she's still amazing! I met her in grade two, she was in grade one, we were so much a like! Awful family issues, loners, the losers, the weirdos. I left her behind when I ran away when my mom died. We were suppose to leave together when we had enough money... But I left her.

"Group! We got a new member!" Rick smiled. I stood up and my jaw dropped. I looked over at Carl who's eyes were wide.

"Hey, I'm Jake"