Chapter eight: Supplies and lies

Shanes POV

"Rick! Im taking Josefine on a run!" I yelled to Rick who was standing on the porch well I was packing my jeep for the run.

"What do we need?" Rick asked, making his way over to me.

"Uh, we need.. The girls need their 'stuff'. And the guns need ammo." Play it cool...

"Oh. Ok ill go get Jose" Rick replied. God he is the dumbest cop in this world, or he knows im lying and wants to figure it out? I have a plan set, get under her skin. figure out why shes so familiar and something to hold against her. Like something about her past maybe.

Josefine POV

Today has bin slow, I was on watch with Dale.

"Hey, Jose, something bothering you?" I didn't want to tell him but if im going to be a part of the group gotta trust 'em

I let out a sigh.. "Carl.." I started.

"Oh. should of known" He chuckled.
"I like him. And sometimes I think he likes me but."
"But sometimes you think the opposite?" He said finishing the sentence.
"Yeah... What do I do?" I asked.
"Tell him." Tell him? No way I could make a fool out of my self! But... I could pull an old school and send a friend to ask him.
"Your right! I'll get Sophia to ask!"
"No sweetie that's not what I-" I kissed his cheek and left since my shift was over and T-dog and Andrea were here to take the shift.

"Hey Soph. Can you do me a best friend favour?"
"Sure thing!"
"Ask Carl if he likes me?"
"Yeah sure" she winked.

"Hey Jose. Your going on a run with Shane" Rick yelled I nodded and said goodbye to Sophia who wished me luck.
I walked over to Shane who was loading the jeep.

"Lets go Josephine!" Shane yelled
"For gods sake Shane. It's pronounced Jose. Fin. Josefine. Silent E. Or just Jose!" I snapped.
"Get in" he said through gritted teeth.
I got in the passenger seat and help my gear on my lap.

"Why you want me coming?" I asked.
He paused like he was think of why it what to say.
"Your a girl. Girls need girl stuff." I scoffed at his response.
After a long painful silence.
"What was your life before this" Shane asked out of the blue.
"I, it was normal." Lie. I shrugged.
"Normal?"
"Yeah... I went to school, home, sometimes a friends, hunting with my grandpa." Last part true.
"Didn't do anything that doesn't have to do with woods? "
"I did ballet and hip hop when I was four to ten" true.
"Why ya stop?" Stop with the bloody questions I screamed in my head. Showing no emotion on the out side.
"Uh got to busy helping at my grandpas hunting and camping supplies shop" true again. But also a lie.
"Where was that?" Where?
"I'm from Georgia. I was at my Uncles farm" false. I'm not from Georgia, that was the first place that popped in my head. But I was at my Uncles farm.
"Huh.. Really." Shane said. Speaking like he knew a lie.
"What's bout you?"
"Deputy from Kings country. I worked with my best friend Rick. He was shot, went in a coma. Turned out he was alive and found Glenn in Atlanta who lead him to camp" Sounds more like Ricks story more then his.

Haha! We are here! Thank god because now I can be away from him! We were at a small town just away always from Hershel's farm.
"I'll go get the 'girls stuff'" I announced to him.
"That all?"
"Grab some shampoo and soap and anything else useful from the pharmacy. I'm going to the police station." I nodded and we split up.
I killed two walkers that were in the building and grabbed what we needed plus bathroom stuff like shampoo, soap, a few hair ties, and tooth brushes and tooth paste. Then I moved to the medicine area and grabbed everything off the shelves.
I zipped up my duffle bag and help my swift army knife tight.
Hearing stuff fall made me turn just then it all went black.

Shane's POV

I walked into the station and what caught my eye right away was a ripped dusty paper handing on the wall.
I fan my finger on the edge of the paper before flipping the paper to see what it was.

Maxie Jose Fin Woods
Wanted for
- Sneaking across the border
- shop lifting and stealing
- breaking an entry
- threatening
- roof jumping

If found please contact the nearest station.

Above that was a picture of an eleven year old girl with green eyes and hair almost chestnut but lighter with blonde making it have that almost red colour.She reminded me of someone.. Her face resembled someone.. I took snouty look at the name.
Maxie Jose Fin Woods
Jose Fin
Josefine!

Here we go... Your out if the group now for sure. Rick won't want a 'threat' in the group, let alone near Carl.

-------------
Chapter eight! What happened to Josefine? What's Carl's answer?
Shane's dumb for not seeing the two middle names very good.

VOTE! COMMENT! READ! ADD TO LIBRARY AND WAIT FOR AN UPDATE! If you like this story can you please comment you do? 🔻Thanks!