Chapter 22: New Guy

"Hey I'm Jake" he smirked.

"Dad he's-" Carl started.
"Maxie's Step dad" Rick but in.
"Yes but-" Carl started again.
"He will be the new member of the group"
I sat there, staring at Jake. Jake smiled and came at me with open arms, wrapping them around me. "Mac! I found you!" He faked. I started screaming and kicking my feet around and hitting his chest. Daryl came in and pulled me away. I stood behind him and wrapped my arms around him.
"Mac?" Jake asked.

Daryl's POV

I pulled Max behind me and she hugged me from behind, her body shaking.
"Mac?" Jake asked. Mac? Step dad don't know her name?
"Maxie" I spat.
"And who are you?" Jake asked, trying to size me up.
"Daryl... Her,... guardian" I spat, not sure how to address my self. Dad being out of the question.
"Daryl, step aside so I can see my daughter" jake said, staying calm. I felt Maxie's grip got tighter around my waist.
"Daryl move" Rick said. I stayed still. "Daryl!" Rick shouted. I kept my eyes on Jake well I slowly turned to face Maxie, I squatted down next to her, since when I turned she sat down and hugged her knees.
"Who is he?" I whispered. She brought her head up and moved her hair away from her face and showed me the scars. "He did that?" I asked, she nodded. I got up fast and she grabbed my wrist. "Daryl" she whispered, I leaned next to her so she could tell me something.
"Jake.. He.... Raped me..." She choked.
Anger boiled in me and I shot up and grabbed his shirt collar.
"Came to finish what ye started hey?" I spat and pulled a knife out.
"What?" He asked, sounding dumb.
"Daryl, can I talk to you?" Rick asked me. I let go of Jake and hit his shoulder as I passed him.

"What the hell Rick?" I shouted, once we got out side.
"He told me his her step dad, wants to take her when he leaves" my eyes got wide.
"Hell no!" I shouted.

Maxie's POV

Daryl left with Rick and I went into a panic. I hugged me knees and Carl held my head to his chest, listing to his heartbeat calmed me. I wrapped my arms around his arm well we sat there.
"Maxie, come here" Jake said, coming closer.
"Stay back" Carl snapped. I could see the anger in Jakes eyes has he came over a pulled my up sharply by my forearm.
I screamed has he pulled my right arm, feeling the hot blood flow through the stitches.

Jake dragged me across the prison and into a cell. Smirking he came closer. I walked backwards till I hit the wall, slid down it and hugged my knees. I was frozen and scared, not able to move. I screamed has Jake pressed on my wound, the blood flowing and feeling like fire.
"Stop! Please!" I cried.
"I think we need some catching up time, you know?" He smirked.
"No!" I shouted.
"Carl! Daryl!" I screamed.
"Shut up bitch!" He yelled, slapping my face and putting more pressure on my wound.
I cried and screamed and kicked my feet.
"Max!" Daryl yelled. Tackling him to the ground. I ran out and bumped into Carl, taking us both down to the ground.
I cried and screamed and hit his chest and he asked over and over what was wrong.

Carl's POV

"Maxie?" I asked has she ran out of the cell, tackling me to the ground. She started crying and screaming and beating my chest, which hurt, and over and over I asked what was wrong, what did he do? But she just screamed. I wrapped my arms around her arms holding her closer to me. She cried and I felt pained. The beating stopped and her crying and screaming ended all at once.
"Maxie?" I asked, scared. No answer. Her breathing slowed and I felt a hot liquid hitting my skin, I rolled her slowly over to her back and off me. Her eyes were closed and she was pale, like really pale. "Maxie!?" I screamed, tears in my eyes. She was bleeding a lot, I felt her forehead, hot. She was sweating bad. "Hershel! Daryl! Dad! Carol! Anyone! Help!" I shouted, crying now.
I kissed her lips and sadly, she did not wake up. Worth a shot.
"Max!" Daryl shouted, eyes wide. I looked at his fists which were covered in blood. He picked her up and we both ran to Hershel or Carol. Who ever we found first.

----
O....M....G.....

VOTE COMMENT ADD SHARE READ WHATEVER!

LOVE YOU MY SURVIVORS!