Chapter 20!: Mad Man

I'm baaaack!
On with the update!

-----

"Carl?" I whispered.
"Max!" He smiled, he stumbled around to stand up but it was difficult with his hands tied behind his back.
"It's funny how foolish a man can be for the one he loves" that voice... I turned around and saw a man, towering over me. I froze, standing in place like statue, looking like I've seen a ghost.
Jake... My, Ex-stepdad stood in front of me. He hand cuffed me to a tabled leg and I let him, not being able to move, even though he was now not in front of the door I was stuck there.

~ Flashback ~

"Next time listen!" Jake screamed. It's been a week since my mom died and I guess he ain't taking it well, at all, who would be?
"I'm sorry!" I cried has I held my bleeding hand from being whipped with his belt.
"I told you! You can not come out of your room!" He yelled, I broke one plate! One stupid glass plate after He startled me! Coming home drunk and slamming the door!
"You stupid girl! Maybe I'm treating you to kindly, the belt seems to not scar you enough to behave" he smirked.
That was the first night he touched me, not all fatherly and kind. Just Sick.

~ end ~

I stood there and before I knew it I was screaming and kicking around, shaking violently from fear.
"Who's is he?" Carl shouted over my screaming.
"He's-" I started.
"She didn't tell you?" He chuckled and walked over to me a pulled my hair back harshly to show the scars on my forehead.
"I thought you said you were in an accident" Carl whispered, yeah... I lied to him. I was and still is ashamed of that, of myself.
"I-" Jake cut me off again.
"And this" he said has he turned me around and lifted up the back of my shirt to show more scars and then he pulled my sleeves up.
"You cut?" Carl asked angrily.
"No-" I started again.
"No. I do" he cracked a wicked, sick smile.
"Your sick!" Carl yelled.
"Meh... A little" he chuckled and shrugged.
"But she lied to you" he said pointing to me.
"I think it helps, a lot, to make her pay for what she's done" he laughed again. He walked over to Carl and put the belt in one hand and un cuffed the other. Carl stared at Jake like he joking, but after Jake gestured for him to hit me Carl slowly came closer to me. I nodded at him and looked away, Carl just stood there smiling at me, not a sick scary smile, a don't worry smile.
"Go on" Jake said, pulling out a gun.
"I could just shoot her if-" whack! Boom! Carl smacked Jack across the face, getting his eye and Jake pulled the trigger, missing me but I didn't hear it hit the wall and I heard a grunt of pain come from someone's mouth. Not sure from who though, my vision blurred and my hearing went out. I was picked up by someone. I forced my eyes open to see Carl.
"Put me down and go" I mumbled. All of a sudden I felt the hot feeling of blood hit my side, not my blood though.
"Carl... Did he.."
"Clipped me with a shot" he side quickly.
"Put me down dammit" I shouted but it only came out has a whisper like I'd lost my voice or something.
"Carl! Maxie! Daryl, I found them!"
I felt my body shifting into stronger arms, Daryl's arms, and then I was completely out.

----
VOTE COMMENT ADD SHARE READ WHATEVER!

I had to redo this chapter and chapter 21 because they deleted when I updated chapter 19