Chapter 26: Amputate it

Beth POV

It's been two days since Maxie came to stay with me in my cell, she hasn't talked to Carl at all except: how are you?, that hardly has well though.
I think I should help them, I know young relationships are hard. I dated young as well.. He died at the farm that night when the horde passed...

Maxie's POV

"Ready to go?" Glenn asked has I loaded my gun, I shrugged and we entered the tombs.
"Formation" Rick said has we all kinda got back to back and walked through the tombs, Glenn spray painted orange arrows has we did.

"Little one, You and Carl? Somethin' happen?" Daryl whispered well still looking forward.
"Er... Lots happens when your traumatized" I mumbled and I guess he heard.
"He do something" Daryl asked, raising his one eyebrow.
"No! It's not him! Why does everyone say it is!" I yelled/whispered.
"Shh" Hershel shushed me.
"I... I beat him pretty good I guess before I passed out... Or I mean did the a coma thing" I whispered, looking at my red star high-tops before back at the hallway behind us.
"I see, tough like a Dixon" Daryl smirked, elbowing me in the forearm.
"I'm serious da- Daryl" geez.. Again with the 'dad' thing. I looked at Daryl to see if he noticed and I think he did, he seemed... Disappointed? Did he want me to call him dad?

Has we made our way around I gave a slight jump has Hershel screamed.
"Daddy!" Maggie cried. I looked at Hershel to see his ankle getting bit by a suppose 'dead'-er walker.
"Shi... oot! Walkers!" I pointed has a horde of about twenty five or more filled the small narrow hallway. Daryl and Rick helped Hershel in a room before locking it closed. The walkers hit and banged on the door and I looked back to Hershel.
"What do we do?" I sniffled. I could hear Shane's voice in my head saying 'shoot him. He's had good has dead'. I shook my head from that thought and blurted.
"Amputate it" everyone looked at me and Glenn passed Rick his hatchet. "I'm sorry" he mumbled, Hershel's eyes got wide has Rick raised the small hatchet has screams filled the air has the blood fell everywhere around us, even on myself causing me to shiver and clutch Daryl's side and hid my face in his chest, he tried to be father like and placed a hand on my head.

"Holy shit" a man mumbled and right away me and Daryl raised our weapons to the voices. Four prisoners of this prison were standing in front of us.
"We ain't the last" I man with funny facial hair chuckled, why?

-----
-Really- Short chapter. Sorry.

VOTE COMMENT ADD SHARE READ WHATEVER!

LOVE YOU MY SURVIVORS.