Chapter 27: Night

The prisoners were all in the other, locked, cells and Hershel is getting rather pale. It is about twelve o'clock and I was just laying there in the dark, staring at the roof. I haven't slept very well since I left Carl's cell. I missed him so much. I slowly got out of bed after five minutes of thinking and I crept across the cold cement floors in my bare feet. I passed three cells and stopped in front of Carl's.
"Carl..?" I whispered.
"Are you awake?"
"Max..?" He mumbled, slowly sitting up. I walked more into the cell and crawled onto his bed.
"Something wrong?" He whispered, since we have to be quiet.
"Can.., can I sleep with you?" I blushed. I could see his smile show.
"Yeah" he silently chuckled. He laid down and I crawled over his feet to the wall side of the bed and climbed under the covers which were warm from Carl's body heat.
"Carl? I'm sorry" I said has I turned to my side to face him and placed a hand on his chest.
"It's ok" he whispered before putting a hand on the side of my face and kissing my lips softly.
"I love you Maxie.. And relationships come with fights, usually not that physical but that's ok" he chuckled, and I gave a soft giggle.
He moved closer and put his hand on my lower back and I hesitated to put my head on his chest, scared to hurt him. More.
"Maxie it's ok" he mumbled in my hair. I slowly put my head on his chest and he didn't flinch or nothing, maybe he's fine now? It's been.. Ok so a week and a half they said I was in a coma for , two days.. Two weeks he's been healing.
"Goodnight Carl" I whispered.
"Night Max" he replied.

Carl's POV

I woke up and expected to see Maxie in my arms put she wasn't. I crawled out of bed and tiptoed across the cold floor.

"When I get out of here were leaving for Woodbarry" I heard Jake say.
"No" was all Maxie said, has calm as can be. I walked around the corner to see here standing there in a big t-shirt and knee high black sweats.
"Maxie" I whispered, she didn't reply nor even look at me.
"I'm not giving you a choice. I'm you dad and I say" he raised his voice.
"Step. Step dad. Or actually ex-step dad. Meaning we have no relation! So screw you!" She shouted, waking up the others.
"What's going on?" My dad said had him and my mom came out in their pajamas. Max just glared at Jake before pulling out a pistol, "I can sleep knowing he's here" She mumbled.
"Max!" I screamed and then everything went in slow motion, her pulling the trigger, Daryl tackling her, Jake falling.
"The hell?" I yelled.
"Jake?" I heard a female scream.
"Maxer is he dead?" The girl asked, Maxer?

Maxie's POV

"Maxer is he dead?" I female voice asked.
"I hope so" I said has I turned to the voice, and there stood my sister, Autumn.
"Autumn?" I whispered. She smiled and nodded has she cried and I ran up to her and hugged her. I looked around her and saw a blond girl about my age standing behind her.
"Autumn who's this?" I asked.

"Oh that's Lulu, my... I don't know, responsibly" she shrugged.

Apparently Daryl brought the two in after he spotted them on watch. Came in with them, saw me, tackled me and now, here my sister is. I haven't seen her in, two years? Something about Lulu seemed off though.

------

VOTE COMMENT ADD SHARE READ WHATEVER.

LOVE YOU MY SURVIVORS