Chapter 30: Daddy!

- To Fast, Part Two -

After we returned to the group and explained to Rick about Lori he freaked out. Wouldn't come near the baby or even speak to any of us. I've made it my job to keep Judith safe, she may not have a mother but I will be that figure, same with Carol and Beth I guess, they can only nurse her though, they cant really fight, so I will. I'm done running just because I'm scared or hurt. I'm here to stay and I'm not letting anyone change my mind. I need to be here, for Judith, Carol, Sophia, and Daryl, and I guess Autumn now to but why you ask? Because their my family, the one I never got to fully have. I got up and grabbed my iPod, 20% battery.... great. I grabbed my charger and tucked it in my pocket with my iPod well my big black one piece headphones sat around my neck. "Glenn! Maggie! Daryl! Autumn and Lulu!" I shouted. After about two minutes they were all here. I held my hands behind my back well walking back in forth in front of them like an army general.

"Winter is here and we need to get winter gear before it snows to bad" I looked at all of then well they gave a small 'yes' 'right' or just nodded. "Here's your partner. Glenn and Maggie of course. Autumn and Lulu, and lastly Daryl and my self. Maggie, Glenn, Autumn and Lulu in the silver car me and Daryl in his truck" I said well I stopped my pacing. "Lets go then!" I said, ditching the bossy tone and tuning it to my happy excited tone. Ok yes we need winter supplies but I mostly just want to charge my iPod which I can only to in a vehicle since of power reasons. "Eh, c'mon day dreamer" Daryl smirked has my head snapped from the ground to him. He was holding his crossbow and mine in his arms. I placed my hand on my left hip just to make sure my gun was there before smiling at Daryl and grabbing my crossbow from him. I don't know why he always makes me carry this around when I barley know how to use it, i mean I know how. I'm just not great like he is.

We walked out side and I instantly froze. All anyone had at this moment were sweater, exept Daryl, who had a slightly worn leather jacket. I pulled on the winged vest Daryl gave me and pulled it tighter around me has I took a deep breath, it was so cold I could see my breath. Daryl started the engine and I right away plugged my iPod charger into the adapter Daryl had tucked in his glove box. "Hey Daryl? Do you have an iPod?" I asked, curious to why he would have this. "No. Merle must of, or it was for my dads phone" he shrugged. "oh" was all I could say, I knew Daryl didn't like talking about his dad but I only knew so much to still question why.

I put my headphones on and started lightly singing 'Teenagers' by My Chemical Romance, about half way though the song I looked over at Daryl who was slightly laughing and shaking his head.
"What?" I asked, playing innocent.
"The lyrics, teens ain't really like that.. or I guess half of them eat your head.. not rip it off" he chuckled, meaning all the teens who are now zombies of corse.
"And your not a teen.. or I say your not! you are still going to be my little badass! anyways, I'm sure you can rip heads off though," my heart felt warm hearing him say that, well not the 'rip heads off' thing but yeah, the 'my little badass' thing. I smiled brightly and started the song over, unplugged my head phones, tuned up the music and sang louder.
"Gonna clean up your looks with all the lies in the books to make a citizen out of you, because they sleep with a gun and keep an eye on your son just to watch all the things you do!" I sang loudly.
"Kid. You like strange music"
"Adult. I like all music. Except for hard core heavy metal, some's ok just about 90% I don't like" I shrugged.

We pulled up to some store but I couldn't make out the name since half the letters have fallen and were spray painted on, I have a bad feeling about this place... and walked in.

Step by step the bad feeling in the pit of my stomach was getting worse. I knew something was up and I'm scared of what will happen.
After about ten minutes of being in there we found three backs of water bottles, two sleeping bags, six guns, four ammo refills for them, some candy bars, chips and even s'more supplies, yes!, I said in my head, what I love s'mores. No winter coats but we did find two think blankets and six thin ones.

I feel so stupid... how did I not notice?
"Daryl.. This is someone's camp" I whispered. He stopped walking right after I did and looked at our surroundings before looking back at me.
"Go get your sister and the girl. I'll get Glenn and mMaggie were leaving" Daryl whispered strictly.
"Be safe" he said well I ran down an empty aisle.
"Autumn!" I whispered more harshly then I meant to. She spun on her heels, knife raised before seeing it was me.
"What?" Lulu snapped, acting like I just ruined her life, why? Cause I like Carl and he likes me? well she can have him! we aren't together.
"We got to go... like now" I said, they must of seen the worry in my eyes since right away Autumn grabbed my wrist and we all dashed to the exit. I jogged outside the doors and the cold aid hit me like a wall.

Me and Daryl got out side and I shivered from the cold. We knew Glenn and Maggie would already be at car so we looked around to find where they parked, and were most likely making out.

"Give us the stuff back!" a Bald man shouted at Glenn.
"No. I got to take this back to my family!" Glenn shouted, gasping onto the cardboard box full of food.
"Glenn give it to him" Maggie crackled a bit, holding tightly onto his arm.
"No. This is the only food in this area" Glenn said with a straight face.
The man raised his fist and slammed it into Glenn's stomach, dropping the canned goods.
"Glenn!" Maggie screamed.
"I'm ok..." Glenn grunted.
"Hey! screw off baldy!" Daryl shouted, raising his crossbow, and I, raised my dagger.
"Or what? little princess and he daddy going to scratch me?" he said sarcastically.
"Your talking to the wrong family" Daryl spat.
"Walk away"
"Hey man, I'm going" his look of fear didn't last long has he have a small smirk. Why?

BANG!
I looked to my stomach expecting to of been shot but saw nor felt nothing. I heard a thud and looked to my right to see Daryl on his knees holding his side well his eyes were closed tightly.
"Daryl!" I shouted. I turned around and saw a man in his thirties holding a small handgun.
"Sun of bitch!" I screamed has I grubbed my dagger tightly and jumped at the man, tacking him down and stabbing him in the thought, blood squirting on my face. Gross.
I head a soft thud and turned to see Daryl laying on his stomach and out cold.
"Daddy!" I screamed, that just slipped out! Glenn looked at me shocked before I screamed at him to help him.
They rushed to pick him up well I gathered the things he dropped, his crossbow, flashlight, knife and his precious trucks keys.

Glenn and Maggie put Daryl in the back of their car well Glenn spoke of the Walkie talkie telling Autumn and Lulu to head back to the prison.
"Where you going Maxie?" Maggie shouted at me has I looked around the cement ground till I found tracks.

"To kill the son of a bitch that messed with our family and took the food" I said has I followed the light shoe prints in the fresh snow.

D: don't hate me for Daryl getting shot! Some real sweet stuff is going to happen!