Chapter three: Saved at last moment

It feel like we've been in this car for days. Maybe we have? I know its only been a few hours but I guess I'm just scared of the choice to let me in the group. Sophia keeps saying they will have to let me in for a few reasons, one, I saved Soph's life and theirs with my 'Under Cars!' Idea . Two, I'm a great help, I can hunt, track, shoot a pretty good shot, and can use almost every weapon. And three, they can't and won't through a kid on the street with walkers roaming around. But I keep saying, for one, anyone could of had the idea and they could of saved you. Two, you said there's a man in your group who already can do all that and with weapons it doesn't matter. Everyone can use at least one. And for the last, I lived this long, and If I can do all that then I'll last about a few months.

She glared at me with that response every time.

"Will you stop that! Your my friend! They have to let you in the group!" She snapped at me. I held my hands up in surrender.

"I'm sorry, I'm just nervous" I said but it came out more like a whisper. I crawled over the passenger seat so I was sitting in the back with her.

She gave me a side hug and smiled.

"Wanna play a game? Like... chess" She asked.

"I don't know how" I said blankly.

"I'll show you, Its easy. Me and Carl play it all the time." She said happily.

"Who's Carl? Your boyfriend?" I asked making her blush.

"No! gross! He's a friend. More like a brother. You'd like him, he is pretty cute." I would like him? Who has time for romance in a world like this. After about an hour of chess the score ended up being six to eight. We didn't play it properly, just for fun.

"Beginners luck!" She laughed.

"Mmmhmm" I sassed. We both laughed our heads of till tears were in our eyes. I don't know what was so funny but what ever. I hate to say, sort of, but I love this world more.

Sophia's scream caused me to sit up from leaning against the window. Walkers had the car surrounded. Seen and heard us I bet.

We watched as they slowly began to crack the window. But one by one we walked them drop to the ground. I didn't hear any gun shots, or see and people.

"Sophia, wait here." I whispered. She sniffled and nodded.

I crawled out the door and looked around at the dead walkers. Arrows took them out. I felt slightly nervous seeing no one around. We're being watched. I thought. I began to walk back to the car before hearing a twig snap. I whipped around and held up my knife ready for whatever's out there.

"Whoa, put 'at down" A southern voice spoke.

"Daryl" Sophia squealed. She ran out and hugged him and I couldn't help but smirk at his uncomfortable expressions. 

"Ye', ye'. Lets get you to camp."

"What about Josefine?" Sophia asked making him face me.

"You the kid Glenn picked up in the RV?"

I just nodded quickly.

"Lets grabbed that supplies and go"

~ Later that day ~

We walked up the road for hours, eventually turning up a dirt road and making it to a fence that marked 'Greene'.

"Where are we going?" I spoke out loud hoping for an answer but he just glared, I take it he wants silence.

"Sophia, Oh thank god Sophia, my baby!" In older women shouted with tears in her eyes ran up and hugged Soph. I let a tear fall.

I have no one. I'm alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know short still, I'm working on it.

Vote! Comment! Or just read it!

THX!