Chapter six: Maybe?

It felt nice having a family again. I mean I know they aren't really my family. But if feels that way, everyone seems like family but Carl... Carl, well I feel like we could be something more, but like I said to Soph, it won't happen.

"Joie, mommy misses you." A soft female voice spoke.

"Mom? Mom where are you?" I cried out.

"Right here baby. You gotta beat this world. For me, dad. Amber "

"Ok mom," I sniffled.

"You should wake up now." I didn't want her to leave. It's been six years since I heard her voice.

"Wake up, Josefine wake up. Jose!" Carl Repeated. Wait Carl?

"Carl?" I opened my eyes to see Carl sitting next to me.

"Good your up. Get ready, Shane's taking us shooting" he kissed my forehead and left. Why? Because I kissed him last night? Is he interested in me? Or just being a gentlemen?

Carl left the tent meaning it was time to get up and change. I sat up and unzipped my sleeping bag and retched for the roof stretching. I let out a yawn and crawled out of the make shift bed and dug in my bag for my knee ripped boot cut jeans, my white and yellow t-shirt and my red star high tops. Yeah, if I was still on my own walking 'round then I would put on my combat boots, but since we're on a farm, and will be here for a while, I thought I would dress normal. Have a normal day. I hope...

I stepped out of the tent and saw Sophia coming my way. She was wearing purple knee high shorts, with pink hearts on the pockets,a white tank top with a pink floral tank top on top and a purple head band in. She reminds me a lot of my older sister, she left when I was seven and at that time she was only fifteen. Amber was the girlie, girl. Loved pink, boy bands, skirts and dresses everyday, and make up, she's the opposite of me. Of corse I have my girlie moments just not has much. I loved the woods, hunting, painting was a found hobby too. Pink was a colour a despised, red, orange are my colours.

"Hey Jose." Sophia smiled.

"Hey. Wanna go get breakfast?"

"Yeah. Mom and Lori and Hershel's daughters are cooking eggs and bacon"

"Bacon! Yes!" I shouted.

"Like bacon?" She laughed.

"Hey girls. Breakfast is ready" Carol called.

"Ok mom" Sophia called.

"Ok Carol" I shouted back politely.

Breakfast was amazing. I haven't had a meal like that since my mom was alive.

"Jose? Enjoying Carl's company?"

"Yeah. I mean he's nice"

"Come on! I saw you too! He made a move!"

"Ok... I like him. A lot."

"Way to pout out the duh" I narrowed my eyes at her but I knew she was right.

"Hey Jose, after shooting can you take watch with Dale?" Rick yelled from the front porch.

"You got it!" I yelled back.

"Josefine, Sophia! Shooting time!" Carl said from the jeep.

"Josephine you'll ride with the kids in the Honda" Shane announced.

"Josefine." I growled.

"What ever. Lets go" Shane and Andrea got in the jeep and I walked over to the RV.

"Come on" Carl said, leaning out of the RV door with an extended hand.

"Thanks. Ain't your dad coming? "

"Nah, has to stay and talk with Hershel about us staying" I nodded in understanding.

I let Carl and Sophia tell me about their life before this all but when they asked me I just replied with 'not much' I hated bringing up my past. Everyone pretty much died pre-apocalypse except my stepdad.

I was the last Jackson before hell rose.

******

Chapter six! Thank you everyone reading it! thank y'all times a hundred.

Vote! Comment! Or just read!