Chapter 24: Reaper

"Maxie... Maxie... Wake up.... Maxie... It's been five days, wake up... Dammit Maxie! Wake up!" Carl yelled.
"Carl...." I mumbled.
"Maxie? You awake?"
"No...." I chuckled.
"Darkness has me surrounded..." I whispered.
"What?" He asked before I was out again.

Carl's POV

I couldn't take it anymore, I got up and walked out. It's been five days and the most she's done has been scream and mumble words like: Autumn, Carl, Daryl, Walkers, Jake, and sometimes it would be short sentences like: I love you Carl. Save me Carl. The darkness has me surrounded came up over three times a day.

I walked out frustrated and walked into my cell and started beating the wall. After I let my anger out I felt a pain in my stomach, I lifted up my shirt and saw bruises all over my chest and stomach from Max hitting me.
I sighed and put my shirt down.
"Carl?" Daryl said.
"Yeah..?"
"Is Max ok?"
"No. Even in her sleep she still seems traumatized" I sighed, Daryl put his head in his hands and sat on the bed.
"This is my fault! I shouldn't of left with Rick!" He yelled.
"Daryl it's my fault to. I should of followed them" I said.
"Rick he.... Wants us to put her out of her misery" Daryl sniffed.
"What! Hell no!" I screamed and ran out of the cell.
"Dad!" I screamed, my dad came to me with a worried look on his face and mine is just anger.
"Hell no!" I screamed at him.
"You want me to shoot her!? She's still alive!" I shouted.
"You or Daryl, she'd want to be put of of her misery"
"Oh really?" I yelled.
"She said that?"
"Everyday she's says 'Darkness has me surrounded!' What do you think that means? Huh?" Rick yelled.
"I don't know!" I yelled.
"She's surrounded in darkness, Deaths door is somewhere in her head. She can choose to leave, or come back" Dad said.
"You can go to hell if you think I'll choose for her" I spat and stormed away from him.

Maxie's POV

"Maxie... Come home" my mom and dad said well standing on the front porch of the farm house.
"Mommy?! Dad!" I cried and ran up to them, I opened my arms to hug them but my hands went right through their stomachs.
"Mom?? Dad?" I cried.
"Sweetie if you want to be with us you have to go inside" my dad said.
"Maxie!" I heard Carl yell.
"Maxie please! Wake up!" He yelled.
"Honey?"my mom said.
"Maxie!" Carl yelled again.
"Max, come on" my dad said.
I sighed.
"No...." I said. My mom and dad looked hurt and I felt bad.
"I want to be with Carl" I tried to smile. My mom and dad nodded and the bright summer sky turned dark and grey. And their sweet soft smiles turned to blood drooling walkers.
"Ah!" I screamed has the room twisted and turned and memories of me and Carl. My favourite one was us in the tree. It was the only time I really got to be myself with him. Talk to him about what life was before this, before the rebel life.

I opened my eyes with a gasp and slammed my head into the front of a gun.
"Am I dead?" I chuckled, rubbing my forehead.
"Max!" Carl yelled, dropping the gun and holding my face and kissed it all over before planting a long wonderful kiss upon my lips.
"Carl..?" I asked, confused on what happened.
"It's only been a few hours, days?" I laughed.
"Maxie, it's been just about two weeks" Carl whispered.
"What?" He told me only minutes ago its been five days ?! It wasn't till I sat up and my stomach turned and twisted i realized how hungry i was. I felt sick and jumped up, I wobbled around and tripped to my knees, feeling winded. Thank god I made it out side.
"The fffff...." I started to say before the vomit just came and went all over the ground. I hated this feeling so much! I started crying and just rolled over, away from the vomit.
"Max! Baby you're alright!" Carol yelled, Daryl at her side.
"Haha... You could say that" I sniffed.

Carol and Daryl helped me inside and put a plate of food in front if me. I drooled at it and shoved a spoon full of beans in my mouth, right away regretting it, I stuck my tongue out. Hating the taste of food, weird right?
"Hershel said it'd take a while to get you back to normal" Daryl chuckled, I don't see what's funny though. Carl sat beside me and rubbed my back.

~ later that night ~

I told everyone what happened well I was... In a coma. And they all looked at me like I was crazy but Rick, surprisingly.
"Yeah.. That happens" he shrugged.
"It's was weird! It was scary and crap! Then my mom and dad showed up and I guess they were suppose to be like.. Er.. Reapers? I don't know.." I shrugged.

I laid in mine and Carl's bed and starred at the roof, or I guess the top bunk.
Carl came in right away and laid beside me, I wrapped my arms around him and put my head on his shoulder.
"You woke up, so many times... Screaming, crying... Telling me you loved me, to save you, that darkness has you surrounded" Carl whispered.
"Every time death was at my door the room would spin and I'd be in a dark room with a light shining on me. And I'd hear your voice... " I mumbled.
"Maxie look at me, please" I looked up at Carl and he slid off the bed and stood up. I stayed sitting till he retched his hands out. I grabbed them both in my cold ones and could feel the heat off his like magma on my skin, yet it was pleasant.
He retched in his pocket and pulled out my iPod and pressed play and right away the song was 'Gone, Gone, Gone' by Phillip Phillips.
"Carl?" I asked. He pulled my arms to his neck and I tangled them in his long hair that was just toughing his shoulders, he put his hands on my back and pulled me close. He swayed his hips and I followed has we slow dance to the song even though it wasn't a real slow song.
"What are you doing" I chuckled.
"Shh.. I'm trying to be romantic" he whispered.
"Well it's working" I smiled and rested my head on his chest, since he was like two feet taller then me. But when I did, he flinched a little. Why? Is something wrong?

'Baby im not moving on, I'll love you long after you gone.' I sung has the song played.
'Ill love you long after your Gone, Gone, Gone'

"Beautiful" Carl whispered. I blushed like I did when we first met and pulled him closer.

-----
AND SHE'S ALIVE! Just to prove I love you all I'm writing this chapter at... *checks time* it is exactly 12:59... 1:00 am!

VOTE COMMENT ADD SHARE READ WHATEVER!

LOVD YOU MY SURVIVORS!