Insane Doesn't Even Begin to Cover It... Chapter 18

“Well aren’t you little Miss Badass.” Caden says, smiling slightly as I take a seat on my bed.

I blush slightly, and look down at my hand, seeing some blood on it. Frowning, I wipe it on the blankets, and then lean back against the wall.

“Seriously Sen, that was awesome. He had no right to tell me what he did.” I just sigh and close my eyes, massaging my temples. I have a really bad headache. “I wonder if we’ll have to go back to our sessions with him after that…” He mumbles, lying down on his bed.

Yes… that’s a good question. I really wouldn’t like it if we did have to go back.

Things get quiet for a few minutes, then I get up and bang on the door, and it opens.

Seriously, these people are freaks. I need to find out how they keep opening the doors for us when they can’t even see us. I did disable the camera so how are they doing it?

Leaving the room, I head for the girl’s bathroom up here, to take a shower. I need time to think and I can’t really do that with Caden in the room.

“Sen, where ya going?” He calls after me, but I ignore him, going into the bathroom and grabbing one of the towels from the shelves on the wall. They somehow keep it stocked up with all the necessities.

Heading for one of the stalls, I turn on the water and get ready to take my shower.

****

When I’m done with my shower, I wrap myself up in a towel, then realize that I have no other clothes besides the ones I took off. Luckily, I think there’s a laundry room somewhere up here. At least, there should be. I’m pretty sure there’s one on every floor. So there’s got to be one on this one.

Grabbing my clothes off the floor, I wrap the towel tighter around myself and head out into the hallway, shivering at how cold it is. Next time, I should make sure I have some clean clothes with me when I take a shower.

I turn down the part of the hallway that Caden and I were at the other day.

After walking for a little while, peeking into rooms, I finally find what I’m looking for. Stepping in, I drop the clothes in one of the washing machines and then search for detergent.

Eventually I find some, and even though its old, it should work. I pour some in and then turn the machine on and climb on top of another one to sit and wait.

****

After the clothes are finished washing, I put them in one of the driers, and kick it a few times to get it started, when the buttons wouldn’t turn it on.

I climb back up on top of the machine I was on and commence to waiting again. Knowing that it’s going to take a while, I lean back against the wall, ignoring the flaking paint, and close my eyes.

After what only seems like a few minutes, there’s a noise at the entrance of the room, and I jerk straight up, turning my head to look. Someone’s standing in the shadows of the doorway.

Squinting, I make out blonde hair and green eyes.

Caden.

He steps further into the room, and I see his smirk.

Uh oh.

“Senna…what are you doing…” He asks quietly, moving even closer.

He’s now in the middle of the room, looking at me with an unreadable expression. Yet again…uh oh. While I’ve been freaking out over here, he’s taken the chance to move towards me again, so now he’s right up close.

Shiiiit.

I’m only in a towel. This isn’t going to go well.

All sound fades away as he braces his hands on either side of me, leaning ever so close. I can feel his breathe ghosting over my face, and my heart is going a mile a minute.

…I’m not sure that that’s healthy…

He tilts his head slightly, and I can’t help but focus on his lips.

Yummy…

He’s still smirking slightly, and when I bring my eyes back up to look at him, he’s staring at me intently.

Fuck I can’t do this.

He’s too close.

Using one of my hands, I shove him away, using the other to brace myself as I jump down to the ground. I grab my clothes out of the dryer and then rush out of the room, leaving Caden just standing there, staring after me.

I rush back into the bathroom and pull my clothes on, before going back to the cell and hiding under my blanket, so I don’t have to see him when he walks in.

He’s silent when he does, but I can feel him looking at me.

I can’t believe I actually thought about kissing him.

Human contact! Skin to skin contact!

No. I’m not ready for that yet.

But I think… if he had gone ahead and kissed me instead of waiting… I wouldn’t have minded at all. And I can’t help but wonder if that’s a good thing or bad thing.

…I’m so screwed.