Insane Doesn't Even Begin to Cover It... Chapter 25

I hope you like it! I decided to update a few stories, because I had nothing else to do.

Read/Vote/Fan.

Please, constructive criticism. I need it.

Thanks to all of you who have read this story, fanned this story, commented on this story and showed a liking for it. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Enjoy<3

---

The next day, I hang out with Caden as soon as I wake up. In fact, when I was going to look for him before breakfast, I found him on the stairs leading up to my floor, looking down as he’s walking.

I stand at the top of said stairs and wait for him to notice. He finally does, and smiles at me.

“Hey there girly! How are you today?” He asks and I write the answer in my notebook, turning it to show him.

‘I don’t know yet.’

“Well we’re going to have to fix that! I hope you slept well…” The bell for breakfast cuts him off and we start walking down to the first floor, to the cafeteria. Along the way he acknowledges some of the doctors we pass. I, on the other hand, just scowl at all of them.

I honestly don’t see how he can get along with them so well. In my opinion, they’re the ones that deserve to be locked up, not most of the people in this building.

---

After breakfast, Caden and I go and hang out in the sun room area, on some chairs by one of the windows. They had gotten it cleaned up from where that guy had tried to kill himself, but the mental images of the scene still flashed through my head. Those images caused me to shudder and close my eyes for a second.

When I open my eyes again, Caden is looking at me, slightly concerned.

“Are you okay?” He asks and I nod, not bothering to write in the notebook. Even though I think the notebook is a good idea, I’m not used to having to write down everything I want to say, and my handwriting sucks because I’ve barely written anything during my time here.

Caden and I just spend time together in that room for hours, skipping lunch. It starts to get cold, because about every 2 hours, they turn off the heat to save money. Although, why they would need to save money I don’t know. The owners of this place are freaking loaded.

Shivering slightly, I curl up in the chair I’m in, tucking my feet under me. All of a sudden I have fabric shoved in my face and I sit there, shocked, not doing anything.

“Go on, take it.” Caden says and I take whatever it is, looking at him. I hadn’t noticed that he was taking his jacket off, too preoccupied with trying to get my feet warm. But he gave me his standard hospital issue winter jacket.

Most of the patients get those for good behavior, taking their meds and following orders and such. I haven’t gotten one yet… the patients who don’t do good have to deal with thin sheets, blankets and clothes. I suppose you could call it a form of punishment.

I smile, starting to blush a little. I’m not used to people being sweet to me. Shyly, I put the coat on and zip it up, putting the hood on. It’s really big on me, baggy, but it almost instantly makes me warmer. I smile even wider at Caden and he smiles back.

I write ‘thank you’ on my notebook and show it to him and he waves it off, saying it’s not a big deal.

We don’t stay long in that room after that random incident, eventually we move to go eat dinner, and then go back up to my room.

The lights only stay on about 2 hours after dinner,  so we don’t have that much time to hang out before he has to leave and go back to his room.

When it gets close to that 2 hour mark, he stands up from where he was sitting at the end of my bed and smiles at me, looking kind of wistful.

“Well Senna, I need to go. I don’t want to get in trouble for being out after curfew.”

I nod in understanding, and get up to give him his jacket back. I’ve got it halfway unzipped before he reaches out his hand to stop me, keeping his skin a few centimeters away from me, not touching me but almost.

I look down at his hand, my eyes a little wide and then back up at him. He smiles, and seems to flush a little.

“Keep it. You need it. I can get another one, all I have to do is tell them I lost it somewhere.”

I bite my lip unsure, and almost start to unzip it again. He notices and sighs, rolling his eyes in a playful way.

“Senna, really. I want you to keep it. Please.” He says, and I hesitate then zip it back up. He smiles in response and walks closer to the door. “I’ll see you tomorrow… goodnight.” He says, and leaves, closing the door softly behind him.

I get back in bed, curling up with his jacket still on. The lights out alarm rings hardly 20 minutes later, and the room goes dark.

This just leaves me, laying there, curled up in his jacket, breathing in his scent.

He smells like… boy. And chocolate. And some other scent I can’t quite place…

The scent overall smells delicious, and it makes me want him there, with me, next to me.

I miss him.