Chapter Ten | Dirty Laundry

* One Month Later *

- Jazelle -

Tremaine, or Trey as he likes to be called, and I have been dating for almost a month now. We're taking things very slow, we haven't had an argument yet, and we've become closer than ever. We decided maybe we'd move in together in a different house, because we want to start fresh on everything. Miss April and Forrest are coming up here tonight to visit and they're staying for two weeks.

I talk to my mom and dad twice a week, I haven't spoken to Adrienne since that time at the Waffle House. Mya texts me 24/7 about Trey and how he's doing. Did I mention that we made our relationship official? At first, the media called me a "homie-hopper" and a slut, but once the real story was out, everyone apologized to me and now are starting to worship me.

Chris has moved on to Karrueche Tran. I'm proud of him and I hope he takes good care of her. They're really cute together. I will admit though, at first I was kind of jealous but I have Trey now, and that's all the man I'll ever need.

"What you thinking bout shawty?" Tremaine said, startling me.

"Life." I sighed.

"Still adjusting huh? You adjusting to all of this."

"A little bit, but I think I like it." I bit my lip.

"You better." he growled. I went to my bathroom and took a shower. I looked down at myself, pointing out my flaws like I always do. I noticed that I was gaining just a teeny bit of weight. All we've been eating here is In and Out.

Twenty minutes later, I was dressed in a multi aztec print elasticated cropped vest, 7 For All Mankind black skinny jeans, and neon orange authentic Vans. It was a simple outfit for a sunny day in LA. I went back to the room and Trey was dressed in grey sweatpants, a Nike muscle shirt, and Nike slides. Even when he was lazy with his outfit he still looked fine as hell.

"You look good bae." I said.

"Not as good as you doe." he protested.

"Oh whatever." I rolled my eyes. Just then, I was lifted off my feet.

"PUT ME DOWN TREY!" I yelled, over his shoulder. He carried me to his car.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Shopping for groceries, for tonight!" he squealed like a girl. I looked at him like "The Fuck?"

"You know that Mumma and Forrest are coming tonight right?" he asked me.

"Oh, yeah, I almost forgot." I smiled.

"You know they'll have a fit if I didn't cook for them."

I laughed.

- Shopping -

We went to every store you could think of! He bought a whole bunch of meat and all that traditional soul food ingredients such as collard greens, macaroni, and sweet potatoes. If it was one thing I knew, it was that my baby could throw down in the kitchen. He grew up around all women, so it was no surprise that he was Chef Boyar'T'. We spent almost the whole day grocery shopping, and surprisingly, nobody came up to us begging for autographs and pictures.

We got back to the house around eight and it was kind of late. I was helping Trey with the groceries when I heard "SURPRISE" by a whole bunch of people.

"You brought the whole family?" Trey asked his mom.

"Yeah baby. Why is there a problem?" she asked, touching him on the chest.

"Well I was caught off guard." he chuckled.

"Durh! That's the whole point." Forrest's young ass came from the back. I stepped from behind Trey and everyone gasped.

"Jazzy!" April said, hugging me.

"How you doing momma?" I laughed.

"I'm doing good. I left Grumma Rose with my brother. She needs all the rest she can get. She misses you though. You know you were like the granddaughter she always wanted." she said. I hugged her once more, and she helped Tremaine and I unpack the groceries. About twenty minutes later Trey was already in the back barbecuing. It was almost like a hundred family members here!

"Jazmine Flower." a deep voice said, behind my neck. "Rain Forrest!" I said jumping on him. Forrest was like my little brother before Reese and Riley. But there's a secret between me and him that no one will ever know...

Flashback...

"Forrest I don't think we're supposed to be in here." I said, popping my bubble-gum.

"Trust me, it's cool. I got you." he laughed. We were in the janitors closet of University of Virginia.

I was a senior and he was a sophmore. After Trey and I called it quits, Forrest started coming on to me and I didn't lie, I was feeling him too. We had been secretly seeing each other anytime we could. We even had sex a few times. This was one of those times...after everything was over in that closet. I bumped into the love of my life/celebrity crush, Chris Brown.

* * *

And it's been eating me alive ever since. I want to tell Trey, but I don't want us to end, OR let it come between them. No, I wasn't a hoe. It turns out that I didn't know what I wanted back then but Forrest was clearly not what I wanted. Those are the only three men that changed my life. That's it. I just want to do this dirty laundry so nobody gets hurt in the end.

* * *

Better chapter huh? Yeah, I know. If you think Forrest is going to be a threat to their relationship, he's not...or is he? Hmm decisions decisions. I put more effort toward this chapter. And yay, 10th chapter. 🎉🎈👏