Chapter Eighteen | Can You Stand The Rain?

- Tremaine -

I'm sitting here in the hospital, pacing back and forth waiting on Jazzy's condition. These niggas here ain't telling me shit. Last thing I knew was that they had to move her to a different room. No specifics, none of that. All I remember is seeing her hold her stomach and pass out.

"Mr. Neverson?" a nurse called for me.

"Call me Tremaine, and yes?" I asked her. "You may see the patient now." I started biting my nails, not knowing the news that was going to hit me. I walked behind the nurse into room 342. Jazzy was awake, watching something I think it was American Dad or something.

She had all sorts of tubes and wires hooked up to her and an IV in her left arm. "Hey." she said softly, her voice kind of hoarse.

"Hey baby." I walked over to her and kissed her on the forehead.

"How you feeling?" I sat down.

"I'm fine but it happened-" she got cut off by a male doctor walking in.

"Good morning Miss Jazzy, and good morning to you Mr. Trey." he shook my hand.

"How are you feeling this morning?"

"I'm feeling much much better."

"That's good." he smiled.

"So for the surgery, how do you want to do it?"

"Surgery?!" I jumped up.

"I was trying to tell you that the miscarriage happened." Jazzy turned to me.

"Wow, the baby's really gone?" I scratched the back of my head.

"Yeah." she sighed.

"What I'm worried about is, how will this affect your career and your body." I said.

"Well that's up to her. If she does the aspiration, it's the most common. The D&E may be more complicated." the doctor butted in.

"Okay, I'll do aspiration." she agreed. "Good luck baby." I kissed her once before leaving. Man I'm hungry as shit. I went to McDonalds and got me a McGriddle and orange juice. On the way pulling out I see Helen behind me. I parked and ran in front of her car.

"Trey you scared the shit out of me!" she laughed.

"Come here." I said. She got out the car looking fine as fuck.

"Where's the big nigga?" I asked, referring to Terrence.

"At home, I came to get him some food." We casually just talked until I remembered Jazzy.

"Look I have to go so I'll just text you tonight." I smirked.

"Okay bye boo." she kissed me on the cheek and I hugged her tightly.

* * *

- Chris -

"Kae come here." I yelled for her.

"What?" she asked sitting on the couch next to me.

"I have to tell you something." I shut the game off and turned to her, grabbing her hands.

"Chris? Is everything okay?" she asked.

"Yes babe everything is fine."

"So what's up then?"

"Adrienne ain't pregnant." she started smiling at me.

"But Jazelle is, and it's mine." she frowned again.

"The baby might not even live though, so don't get upset yet." I convinced her.

She shook her head but then jumped on me and kissed me.