Chapter Seventeen | Forbidden Fruit

- Jazelle -

You take the clothes off my back
And I let you
You'd steal the food right out my mouth
And I watch you eat it
I still don't know why
Why I love you so much
Oh
You curse my name
In spite to put me to shame
Have my laundry in the streets
Dirty or clean
Give it up for fame
But I still don't know why
Why I love it so much
Yeah
And baby
It's amazing I'm in this maze with you
I just can't crack your code
One day you screaming you love me loud
The next day you're so cold
One day you're here, one day you're there, one day you care
You're so unfair sipping from your cup
Till it runneth over, Holy Grail
You get the air out my lungs whenever you need it
And you take the blade right out my heart just so you can watch me bleeding
I still don't know why
Why I love you so much
Yeah
And you play this game in spite to drive me insane
I got it tattooed on my sleeve forever in ink with guess who's name
But I still don't know why
Why I love it so much, yeah.

Those song lyrics kept playing over, and over, and over in my head. I'm too forgiving, I'm a pushover for Tremaine. I'm a sucker for love like I'm an addict. I don't know who made me this way but this is who I am.

"I love you too." I wiped my tears away.

"Now let's go." he grabbed my hand and we left the bathroom. Everyone started clapping because they knew we resolved our problems. My phone then vibrated in the front of my shorts pocket. I put the four digit passcode in and saw that it was a text message from no other than Chris.

Chris: Hey Jazzy, did you find out?

Jazzy: Yeah she's not pregnant really, I know for a fact but...

Chris: But what?

Jazzy: I'm pregnant.

Chris: Oh...congrats. I hope you and Trey will be very happy together.

Jazzy: It's not his. It's yours. We haven't even touched each other yet.

Chris: ...call me ASAP

I dialed his number and went upstairs. "Are you serious?" he answered.

"As a heart attack. But there's bad news. Since I didn't know I was pregnant I've been drinking and partying. The doctor said the baby has a 50/50 chance to live. It only has up to a few months." There was a long silence over the phone.

"Uh...wow. What do I tell Kae?"

"Just do what you have to do. I'm sorry for letting you know on such short notice."

"It's okay. I'll talk to you later." he signed off.

"Jazzy where are you?" Forrest called for me in the hallway.

"In here!" I yelled. "Why you not downstairs enjoying the party?" he asked me, sitting down.

"I was just on the phone. What's Trey doing?"

"He's out in the back talking with the aunts and uncles."

"Oh, what about my sister?"

"She's eating." he looked away.

"Why aren't YOU downstairs?" I put emphasis on "you".

"Cause I came to check on my favorite girl." he smiled.

"I'm not your favorite girl." I looked down.

"Yeah you are." he lifted my chin. He locked in on me and he held my gaze. We both leaned in but I turned my head the other way.

"So uh, I'm going to go downstairs now." I walked out and went downstairs.

"Baby." I heard Trey call.

"Yes?"

"You looking mighty fine right now." he laughed. He started backing me up into the island and kissed me.

"Not in front of the food children! There are 3 bedrooms in this house, pick one!" Grumma yelled.

"Oh shi-ocean!" Trey played it off.

"Now start helpin clean up boy!" she hit him across the head.

"Ow mane!" he yelled.

* That Night *

It was just Adrienne, Forrest, Trey and I left. The reunion was a success and there's food for days leftover.

"I had so much fun today, but now I'm sleepy as a mothafucka." Trey joked.

"You ain't lying." Adrienne replied.

Forrest sat there quietly looking confused. I don't know what that shit upstairs was, but he better figure it out. I don't have feelings for him anymore so if he thinks that, that ship has already sailed.

"Baby you staying with me or going home?" Trey asked me.

"I guess I'll stay, it's not like I have anything to do."

"Anybody else?" he asked.

"Nah we gotta get outta here." Forrest finally spoke.

"Cool cool, I'll catch y'all later then."

We all said our goodbyes and Trey and I went upstairs.

My phone rang the iPhone "Marimba" tone.

"Miss Evans." Tilly's voice echoed through the walls.

"Yes Tilly?"

"How are you? I haven't spoken to you in a while."

"I'm just fine and you?"

"I'm doing good for myself. I was calling you to tell you that the next show is next week in New York, but this time you won't be modeling undergarments. Oh no, your body will be covered with PINK shorts and tank tops."

"Since when? They know that my department is undergarments! Why am I going to model for workout clothes?"

"I'm sorry Miss Evans please don't fire me." Tilly pleaded.

"You're fine girl. I guess I'll just straighten it out when I get there."

"Okay but you have to be out here Friday for rehearsal."

"Alright. See you then Tilly." I hung up.

I got salty. How these niggas just gone make me model for a different department? Just then my stomach had a dumb sharp pain, worse than ever before. I started to lose control and got dizzy, I then suddenly fainted.

* * *

This chapter is short because I wanted to build up into the next chapter. Omg what happened to Jazzy? Chris took it easier than I thought he would. Forrest needs to figure himself out. Is he ready for Adrienne or still caught up on Jazelle? She's just a piece of forbidden fruit that he can't have.