2: Is That You Peeta?!

Katniss POV
I shut the front door of my house. Mom said I needed to get out. Go get some "fresh air" and to socialize. So I called Johanna. Wasn't mom's first choice but it would always be mine. Johanna and I are similar. We both hate fashion and love weapons, sports and horror movies. Mostly what boys like, we like.
She told me to meet her at the cafe so I am walking there. I'm wearing a sweatshirt and jeans. Converse are on my feet and a braid in my hair. No make up. I haven't seen any of my friends in a while. So I was surprised when Johanna said she was available. Single and ready to mingle were her exact words.
Shoving my phone on my Jean pockets, I walk through the door and into The Hob. They turned this place from a dump to a nice looking cafe. I look around and spot Jo in the far corner did coffee. I order a hot chocolate and grab it before heading over.
"What's up brainless."
I shrug. "Dont know. Feel empty without Peeta and now my dad... I just don't know anymore."
Johanna grabs my hand which is surprising. "Yes this isn't my normal self. But your family has helped me go through a lot. They are the most strongest people I've met. And if me and you could get through stuff, your dad sure can."
I smile. "You know Johanna? I think deep down, you love us all. Me, Finnick, Annie, Clove ,Cato, marvel, and even crazy Glimmer. Cause what you just said-" I end up not finishing my point.
Johanna interrupts. "Yeah yeah. Johanna Mason actually cares. What a joy."
I laugh. We make some more small talk before getting up to through our trash away.
Walking out the door, we walk down the all too well familiar road.
"Hey Jo? Can we pass the Mellark bakery? I feel like I just need to look at."
Jo gives me a confused look. "Brainless, you haven't passed it-"
"I know. But something is there. Like a small magnet pulling me towards it."
So we make our way to the bakery. Where he worked at.
We finally stand in front of it and I gasp. The sign is lit up saying open. And there is a family in there. A familiar blonde boy taller than Peeta, with a wife and kid.
Before thinking, I run into the store, Johanna following not far behind.
"P-peeta?" I ask afraid it's not him.
The man turns and so does his wife. His blue eyes widen. This familiar guy who looks like Peeta has a small beard growing but a smile forming on his face.
The wife asks, "That her?"
He nods smiling. "Yeah. Are you Katniss Everdeen?"
I nod nervously.
"I'm Rye Mellark, Peeta's older brother." Than it clicks. Rye sets his baby girl on the ground and opens his arms for me.
I give a small cry before running into them. Rye rubs my back and gives a smile to Johanna.
"Its nice to see you again. I heard about your dad and I'm so sorry. But we have a surprise for you on Friday night. We know today is Wednesday, but will you come to the Mellark party?"
Jo answers for the both of us. "I will come for sure. Katniss?"
I nod. "I guess."
"Perfect." We pull away and Rye introduces us to his family.
"Guys, this is my wife Cecelia." We shake hands.
"This two year old girl is Maia. Say hi Maia."
"Hwey!" She squeals in a cute baby voice. Maria has blue eyes like her dad but a light brown colored hair like her mom. Her hair is in pigtails and she wobbles on two feet while wearing a pink sundress.
"She is very cute." He smiles. "Thank you."
Just than my phone buzzes with a text. I pull out my phone and read it.

Girls! Shopping tomorrow for that Party. Jo, you have to come and Kat? At least try and come.
Xx Annie
I hear Johanna groan which makes us all laugh.
"I will see you at the party?" I ask.
They nod. "See you then."
"Take care Katniss!"
I laugh and Johanna and I continue our day of peace before shopping arrives tomorrow.