23: I Know Places

Katniss POV
I run up his pathway and start knocking on their door. Annie and Finnick just got home from the hospital with Finn about an hour ago. So I let them have peace for one whole hour. And I look like crap. My eyes red and puffy from crying for the past two days not knowing what to do with myself. Wearing sweatpants and long sleeves are fine with me especially now that it's winter. Black combat boots at my feet and my dads old jacket wrapped around me.
Knocking over and over and no one answers. I know Annie can't get up. But at least Finnick.
"Finnick Odair you open this door right this instant!" I yell.
He doesn't even know that Peeta was kidnapped. I still need his help though.
Finally, the door swings open revealing a smirking Finnick.
"Why hello there beautiful." He smirks.
I push him aside. "Not the time to be flirty, Finnick. We have a problem."
Finnick closes the door. "Someone's grumpy."
"I have the right to be grumpy in a situation like this." I argue back.
Finnick sighs. "What is the problem?"
I turn to face him while pulling out his computer.
"I will explain the problem after you search for Peeta's phone."
He runs his forehead and sits down. "Why do you want me to do that?"
I sit across from him. "Peeta was kidnapped. By Gale and Delly. Two days ago we were at a restaurant. I saw the evil two and Peeta went to talk to them. Than they took him. And I don't know where. That is why you have to search where his phone is."
Finnick's eyes widen. "Why w-why didn't you tell me sooner?"
I raise my hands. "I'm sorry! Let's just- do what you have to do."
He nods and I hand him the laptop. I watch as he angrily tap buttons on the keyboard. Finnick is his best friend. I can understand why he is angry. As Finnick works, I wonder what we will find when or if we find Peeta. I miss Peeta so much. Wishing we could live all our life together.
Finnick says, "Got it!"
I go over behind him and look. There on the map is a pinpoint. And it's the place that surprises me. It's in the middle of the woods.
Finnick asks. "Do you know anywhere there is a cottage in the forest?"
My eyes widen. "No this can't be happening. That- this is the cottage my dad always took me too. The cabin by the lake. I haven't showed anyone it except-"
I stop myself. I had showed Gale when we were friends. Just in case our families lost our home and needed a place to stay. Or if we ran away.
Finnick questions. "Who did you show?"
I whisper. "Gale."
Finnick's eyes widen. "Katniss...."
"I only showed him when I was poor. We both were poor. I only showed it to him if we ever needed to stay there. I never thought of imagined he would actually use it."
He nods in understanding. "I understand. Now go up and tell Annie everything. I will get everything ready."
I nod and rush up the steps. The first door on the left is opened a crack. Knocking, I hear Annie say come in. Pushing open the door, I walk over to the bed. Annie lays there holding Finn in her arms and gives me a smile.
"Hey Katniss."
I sit on the edge of her bed.
"Annie I need to tell you something."
She nods for me to go ahead and I do. I explain everything. From Prim's graduation to now. How Peeta is kidnapped and that me and Finnick are going to save him.
When I finish, Annie hugs me.
"Be safe Katniss."
"I will." I respond standing.
As I wave goodbye, I head downstairs and see Finnick. He hands me a bag as we head out the door.
"Are you ready?"
I nod and smile. "Let's go find Peeta."
And we are out the door on our way to the woods.