27: Little Do You Know

Katniss POV
I take out the last two suitcases out of Prims closet. Today is the day Prim leaves. It's morning now and we have till two o'clock to pack. Peeta is already at work and is happy. I'm glad he got to go back to the bakery today. He will be back at twelve to say goodbye during his break time.
Dragging the suitcases to the almost naked bed, Prim grabs one. She piles her soft pink and white blankets. Her sheets are folded and put away with a pillow case. Prim smiles at me.

"Thank you for helping me."
"Anytime Prim." I say getting the folded clothes.
For the next hour and half, we are folding, packing, and deciding what clothes and toys to keep or throw away. Sadness soon fills the air. It turns very quiet after mom had shouted she was going to grab us lunch. Which means it's almost twelve. Peeta will be here soon.

Prim sits on the empty bed. "Katniss?"
I mumble, "Hm?"
"Do you and Peeta still get, ya know nightmares? From-"
I cut her off. "Yeah sometimes."
"Are you scared of the nightmares? I mean Gale and Delly are in jail. For a year or so. Till court."
I laugh and sing. "Little Do You Know I'm still haunted by the memories."
Prim giggles and moves closer to me.
"I love you Kat. I'm gonna miss you!"
I wrap my arms around her.
"I love you too little duck. And I'm going to miss you."
We hug in silence. Our last silent, private hug for awhile. I'm going to miss her. Memories start to fly in my head. Of her first day of school, moving, high school, graduating and now this. Her hair in two braids hasn't changed whether it is short or not.
A knock breaks us from our hug. I give Prim a smile before I get up and open the door. There stands Peeta, hair messy, hands in jean pockets and a shy smile on his face. Opening the door wider, I give him a small hug.

"Hey." Peeta says into my shoulder.
"Hi." I reply back.
Prim stands there a shy smile on her face. Like the one Peeta had on. They are alike. Kind, caring hearts. Blue eyes and blonde hair. It's nice to see they have a relationship.
Peeta goes and gives Prim a hug. "Hey Prim."
"Hello Peeta."
I watch silently as they hug and greet each other. They tell each other they will miss each other. A smile forms on my lips as they crack jokes. And when Peeta whispers something to Prim, Prims says widen in shock but than a smile forms across her face. Than they both stand and hug each other.

Prim hugs me one last time. "Peeta is taking you somewhere."
I ask. "Where?"
My boyfriend walks up and grabs my hand. "A surprise."
I kiss Peeta's cheek. "Oh what fun."
The two of them laugh. I hug Prim one more time before Peeta leads me to his car. And soon we are off to wherever we are going. But little do you know, the surprise shocks me big time.