21: Lost Boy

A/N I changed my mind about updating. This is a sad chapter. It will be both Katniss and Peeta's POV.
Song of the chapter is "Lost Boy" by Ruth B. This song is a little sad so I recommend trying to listen to it while reading this.
Peeta's POV
Everything is going fine at the dinner. Until it happens. Katniss must have seen someone or two people because she pulls my arm. Hard.
"P-Peeta!" She stutters out.
I hold her shoulders trying to calm her. Her family looks at us with worry and concern.
"Shh Katniss it's okay. Your here. With me. Who did you see?"
Katniss calms down a bit. "I s-saw Gale a-and Delly. T-they were spying o-on us."
I ask calmly, "Which way did they go?"
She points outside still crying. I just hate seeing her upset.
I nod standing. "I will go talk to them."
Kat grabs my hand. "No Peeta! You can't! It's just part of their trap!"
I cup her face in my hands. "I promise you I will be safe and fine. I will be back in five minutes."
I place my lips onto her soft, warm ones. She reacts fast. Kat puts her hands around my neck and I pull her up off the seat and wrap my arms around her waist. We keep kissing until we need to break for air.
"I love you Kat. I will be back, okay?"
She nods wiping tears. "Okay be safe Peeta. I love you too."
I slowly pull away from her and walk to the door. God I love her. They better not try something in her or me. I would rather have them take me, not her. But I know either way we both would be hurt.
Pushing open the door, I take a step out of the restaurant. Taking a look around, I finally spot them. Gale leaning against the pole a wide smirk on his face. Delly with a flirtatious smile on her face and twirling a piece of her blonde hair. I angrily walk over to them two.
"Oh hey Peeta." Delly says playing cool.
I roll my eyes. "Cut it out. Why are you stalking and spying on me and Katniss?!"
Gale roughly grabs my arm. "You are coming with us. We will tell you everything there."
I shake my head trying to pull away.
"No I promised my girlfriend I will stay with her and not fall into your some kind of trap."
Gale cackles. "Oh Mellark. You don't want your sweet little girlfriend who will be mine soon to hurt her?"
Staying silent must have been good for him. Because I slip into darkness when Delly hits something to my head. The next thing I know is that I am thrown into a car.

Katniss POV
When Peeta leaves outside, I get nervous. What if they hurt him? Kill them like in my dream that actually almost became real? So I put the timer on my phone for five minutes.
Prim says, "Don't worry he will be fine."
"You don't know what the two of them could do little duck." I reply.
Mom cries. "It's all my fault. I-If I hadn't tried and set the two of you up, this won't be happening."
"Mom this is not your fault. Gale is just a bad person. And Delly? She just wants Peeta and attention." I calmly state.
Mom nods. "I hope he is okay."
I try to confirm. "He is. I think."
Just as the beep on the alarm goes off I stand. But Prim grabs my arm.
"Let's wait a few. Just in case."
I nod my head slowly sitting back down.
Ten. Fifteen. Twenty minutes pass and no signs of Peeta. My lover, my boyfriend, has not stepped a foot into the restaurant.
Standing quickly I say, "I will be back."
Than I run outside and look around.
I yell, "Peeta!"
No response.
I try again. "Peeta Mellark where are you?!"
My heart races fast and I decide to go ask the clerk at the desk. Turning around on my heel, I quickly walk up to her. My heart beating fast and my face beating red. Tears almost start to fall.
"Excuse me miss. Have you seen a boy? Named Peeta Mellark. Was the prince. Blond hair, blue eyes. About my age?"
The lady looks up at me and opens a drawer. "No I haven't miss. But a nice boy gave me this."
She pulls out a letter. It's plain white and folded with the name Katniss written on it and my description. I nod a thanks and go into a corner and read it. I instantly break down crying.
Dear Katniss and everyone who cares about Peeta Mellark,
Why hello Katniss. Or everyone who is reading this. It's been a while hasn't it? Yeah well we are back. And I am trying to win you back. I was so close to you last time. I fooling you with wanting to be friends again. Well you probably are wondering with your boyfriend is. You guys fell perfectly into our game. You spotting is stalking you and spying. Telling Peeta that we ruined your dinner. I'm going to say this as simple as I can.
Peeta Mellark has been kidnapped. By us. To hurt you. Come and find him. Before its too late.
With love,
Delly Cartwright and Gale Hawthorne.

No. No this cannot be happening. No. My baby has been kidnapped. Taken away by those idiots and jerks. They are messing with the wrong people.
I'm crying historically now. Tears turn into sobs and Prim and mom try to comfort me. Only one thought runs through my head over and over again.
Peeta Mellark I will find you and Delly and Gale will pay the price of this.

Hey guys.
I know very sad chapter.
I really did cry while writing this.
Oh no Peeta has been kidnapped!
😭
Please vote and comment.
I will update soon.
Madi