Epilogue

Third person's POV

Katniss smiles as she walks down the stairs of her home carrying her four month old baby Willow Mellark. Willow is silently sleeping away, peacefully. Not having a care in the world. Not having to worry about growing up too fast or having to be yelled at for falling in love.

Her brother, Rye Mellark, who is three years old is a replica of Peeta. Rye has blonde curls, blue eyes, loves to paint and bake, and his personality is just so amazing. He's nice, sweet, loving and caring.

Willow is a replica of me. She already has brown colored hair showing on her small head, grey sparkly eyes, and I can tell she is very stubborn. Katniss noted that Willow cries way more than Rye ever did when he was born.

Katniss reaches the bottom steps and walks straight into the kitchen. Where Peeta is placing down dinner. Willow had just taken a nap and still is. Rye is already seated in his high chair just waiting for food.

Peeta watches as Katniss lays his daughter down on the extra crib in the kitchen. Let's just say their friend Finnick gave us way too many.

"Good evening princess." Peeta kisses Katniss head.

"Evening Princess!" Rye squeals loudly.

Katniss laughs and sits down next to her son. "Evening my little knight in shining armor."

"Guess what I did?" Her son smiles.

Peeta sits across from Katniss and ruffles Rye's hair.

"What did you do?" She asks starting to eat the pasta in front of her.

"Daddy and I painted pretty pictures!" Rye smiles.

"Now did you?" Katniss smirks.

She can spot little flecks of paint in her husband's hair.

Rye nods his head wildly. "Yeah!"

Peeta smiles. "Eat your food buddy."

Their oldest kid gives a nod and starts using his hands to shove the cut up pieces of spaghetti in his mouth. Rye was a fast learner at everything. He walked and talked real early. Started eating new foods. Rye is growing up super fast.

"I talked to Reed and Prim today." Peeta tells me.

"Oh really?" Katniss raises her eyebrow.

Her husband nods. "Yeah. Baby number three is on the way."

"That's amazing." Katniss smiles.

Prim, her sister, grew up way too fast too. She is married to her husband Reed. The married couple has twins, Aj and Elle, and now another one on the way. The twins were a surprise to all of us.

The three finish eating dinner and just as they start eating desert, loud wails of crying fill the room. Which means Willow is up. Katniss stand up but Peeta gestures for her to get the desert and he will deal with their daughter.

Katniss agrees and grabs the vanilla ice cream from the fridge. She takes out three bowls and scoops two for Peeta and herself and one scoop for Rye. Katniss takes out three spoons and places them in their spot at the table.

Willow keeps us up at night. We have already known she will do that cause that's exactly what Rye did. He would always cry and wake us up. Peeta and I take turns of taking care of Willow. It's easier that way.

Soon Peeta had put Willow down for nights sleep as she was quickly fed earlier and we finish our ice cream. Katniss gets Rye bathed and into pajamas and into bed. Her husband reads him a short story and like every night, Katniss sings.

She sings a different song each night. Katniss mostly switches in between Safe and Sound or Deep In The Meadow. Sometimes it's both.

Just close your eyes, the son is going down.

You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now.

Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound.

Before Katniss could even start Deep in the Meadow, Rye was already asleep. Peeta grabs his wife's hand and pulls her into their own bedroom. They get into pajamas and climb into their bed.

"Rye's birthday is soon." Peeta wraps his arms around Katniss.

"Yeah. Four years old. Big party?" She snuggles into her husband.

"Oh we are definitely having a big party." Her husband responds.

"Stay with me?" Katniss whispers in the darkness.

"Always." Peeta responds and they falls asleep.

Katniss, Peeta and the Mellark kids lived a happy life. They had some ups and downs along the way, but it was great like that. Katniss' and Peeta's kids learned their story. Their Love Story traveled on for generations to generations. Everyone remembered them.

Cause Katniss and Peeta were The Lucky Ones.

And they had an amazing Love Story since they both said yes.

Hey guys.

Well that was it. I decided to end it at the last chapter of 24. I thought it was a good place to stop and put an epilogue. It was a short epilogue, but I think it was enough to end a great series. Also because I was running out of ideas.

So that's the end of the series. I truly enjoyed writing this and I hope you guys enjoyed reading this. This has been an amazing experience.

Please share this series with others. It'd mean the world.

Well, for the last time, please vote, comment and share.

Also check out my other books too. All are Everlark except one isn't.

Thanks guys for this amazing experience of writing The Lucky Ones series. It has been an honor writing it

Madi :)

Word Count: 913