7: Food Fight

Peeta's POV
I wake up and look at the time. The clock reads 7:35. Sighing I look towards Katniss. Last night was the most amazing night ever. I can't believe she still loves me. Katniss looks so beautiful. Especially when she sleeps. She doesn't have a scowl on her face, instead a smile is formed on her lips. My family is opening the bakery up right after 12, so dad wants me to get started baking in twenty minutes. I turn the alarm off before carefully getting out of bed trying my hardest not to wake Katniss.
I decide on a white shirt and jeans before I head down to the bakery's kitchen. My dad sits at the table going through the mail.
"Hey dad." I say getting the ingredients out to start making cheese buns.
"Hey Peeta. Did she tell you?" I look over at him and a look of sorrow is on his face.
I nod sadly. "Yeah. I don't like hearing or seeing her in pain."
My dad doesn't respond right away. He just stares at me trying to figure something out.
He sighs. "You really love her don't you?"
I smile. "Yes dad. I love Katniss. She is so amazing."
Dad chuckles a bit and pats my back. "Well son I'm happy for you. Now go bake those goods. I will help Rye clean the store."
I nod my head and starts to roll balls of dough and put them on a tray. Thinking I might make extra, I think about how happy I am to be back home. Australia wasn't anything at all that I was expecting. It was very dry and hot. Also beautiful too. Just not for me. I missed Katniss so much over there that Rye and my other older brother, Tyron, had to pull me out of bed. I think I might have been a bit depressed. The bakery over there was good at first, until people stopped coming.
Lost in thought rolling dough and thinking, I didn't realize anyone walked into the kitchen until something happened.
"Hey Peeta?" A voice calls behind me.
I put the ball of dough just was working on down and turn my head.
"Yeah?" Bad idea turning my head because just as I face the opposite direction, flour is thrown into my face.
A chuckle escapes my mouth as I wipe my eyes trying to see who the victim is. "Oh whoever did it is going to get it."
A giggle fills the room and I open my eyes. Katniss stands in front of my flour all over her hands.
I point a finger at her. "Oh your going to get it."
I grab a handful of flour and through it at her. Katniss growls at me and picks up an egg. Slowly walking back, I didn't walk back fast enough though because I feel a crack on my head. Egg falls down my face as I crack an egg onto her head.
"As we look so adorable." She exclaims.
I walk to her putting my hands on her waist. We both have flour and egg on our faces and in our hair.
"I bet we do " I respond.
That's when she puts her hands on my face cupping my cheeks. Something liquidity goes on to my cheeks and Kat puts her lips onto mine. We miss and jelly, eggs and flour are tasted on her warm lips. I pull her closer as she wraps dirty hands into my already dirty hair. We continue to kiss until a cough is sounded.
Pulling away, I spot my dad standing there hands on hips.
"And what do you think you guys are doing?"
Katniss and I share a look before shrugging.
My dad bursts out laughing. "Your not in trouble kids. Peeta, your going to have to clean this and yourself up. Before customers arrive. And Katniss? Your mom has been trying to get a hold of you. How about you call her?"
My girlfriend nods. "Yeah okay."
Than she turns to me. "You look weird."
"So do you." I say bopping her nose.
Katniss gives me a kiss on the cheek before rushing to her phone to call her mom. I grab a rag and start to wipe my hands and face.
Dad sighs. "Just take a shower after Katniss leaves. I will have Rye bake the goods. You will work counter."
"Sorry dad."
He turns to me and smiles. "Hey don't worry about it. I heard you two out there. You guys sounded cute together."
"Thanks dad." I reply.
All of a sudden Katniss comes in and walks up to me.
"Sorry I have to go home. I need to shower and than my mom wants me to come visit my dad with her."
I smile. "Well are you going out like that?"
She laughs. "I don't care if people look. Anyway my mom's apartment is just around the corner and I have a key. So I will just use that shower and I forgot my car is there too."
I nod kissing her forehead. "Be careful."
"I will." Katniss kisses my lips once.
"I love you." I tell her.
She smiles. "I love you too. Bye Stuart!"
My dad chuckles. "Bye Katniss! Tell your dad that the Mellarks say feel better and that we will visit soon!"
"I will." She shouts back before shutting the door behind her.
Dad approves. "I like that girl. She's a good one."
I nod. "I know. I'm going to shower."

The bakery got busy as the day went on. All I could actually concentrate and think about were if Katniss was okay. I tried calling her on my breaks, but she didnt respond. We did make plans to meet Sunday. So if she doesn't respond soon, than I will ask her what's wrong then. Finnick and I are hanging out tomorrow night so I'm excited to actually see my best friend. He is even more than a friend to me. A brother really. Thanks to his and Annie's wedding, I would probably never have met Katniss.