26: We're In The Middle Of Starting Over

Katniss POV
I put the phone on speaker and hold the phone in front of us as Peeta sits up.
"Finnick?" I ask my voice shaking.
He says through the phone. "They have decided."
Peeta asks. "Well tell us?"
"Gale and Delly will be arrested for a year than taken to court to see if they should continue or be sent to a different jail arena." Finnick reads over the phone.
A huge smile forms on mine and Peeta's face.
Peeta smiles. "We will talk to you later."
"Bye." They say to each other.
And once he hangs up, me and Peeta wrap each other into a warm hug. I can't believe it. The two people who have been trying to ruin us are going to jail. It's like a dream come true. Peeta must be happy and I can't wait to tell the rest. Hopefully we can celebrate. Or at least catch up with our lives. It's been so long since I have seen the group. I mean I have seen Finnick, Annie and Johanna just not the rest. Peeta is with me everyday now and will start at the bakery soon. Which will be good for him. He needs to bake and do what he loves.

Peeta whispers, "We are safe."
I nod. "Yes we are. No more of anyone trying to ruin our relationship. Or one of us."
He smiles. "I have a song to play you."
I watch him pull out his phone. He presses a few buttons and finally a song comes on. It's familiar. Oh it's a Sabrina Carpenter song. The Middle of Starting Over. It soon plays the words I have been waiting for.

"Awake from history
I hold my breath and just believe
Tired of all the trouble
Haven't waisted my time
I don't want to fight
So we leave it behind
Taking on faith now I'm ready to fly
We are in the middle of Starting over
Back to the beginning gonna hit rewind.
Chance to do it over get it right this time
Life gives you pennies turn them into dimes
We are in the middle of Starting over.
Middle of starting over."

Peeta smiles. "We are sure in the middle of starting over. No one is going to hurt us. Or bother our relationship."
"Yay. Peeta?"
He mumbles, "Yeah?"
"When do you go back? To the bakery?"
Peeta leans closer to me. "You really want me to leave?"
I shake my head. "No, it's just I think you should go work tomorrow."
"Why?"
"You don't have to. I just thought since I am helping Prim pack for collage, you would want todo something else."
Peeta smirks. "I guess so."
I lean my head on my boyfriend's shoulder. "Time has gone by fast. I never thought we would be able to get a chance. A chance to start over. Which I'm glad."
He adds. "And I never thought it wood go by so fast. So fast we would already be helping Prim pack."
I take my head off his shoulder and turn it him smiling.
"We should through a good by party for her. Ya know like a see you soon have fun at college sort of thing."
Peeta bops my nose lightly. "You have a very smart brain."
"I do?" I say smirking.
He nods his head up and down. "A smart brain for a very beautiful girl."
I blush. "As thanks Peetie Pie!"
Peeta laughs. "Can I have something?"
"What do you want?" I wiggle my eyebrows like Finnick.
He leans in closer. "A kiss."
I raise an eyebrow. "A kiss."
"Yes a kiss right on my lips. Ooh that rhymed."
I giggle nodding and we are soon in a full make out session. His tongue glides over my bottom lip begging for entrance. And I grant his wish. I wrap my arms around his neck pulling him closer as his hands either cup my face or stay at my waist. Both of our tongues fight for dominance and I smile into the kiss as I win.
Oh I love this boy.
And I am so happy that we finally got to be in The Middle Of Starting Over.