20: Darling, Just Hold My Hand

Katniss POV
I giggle as Peeta swirls me around. We are at the graduation after party. Music plays and many families dance with their children. Prim is dancing with mom and Rue's family. Prim is so happy she is done for school. She just can't wait for collage in a couple of months. I'm proud of her too. Prim has been dreaming of this day and it finally came true.
Peeta pulls me close once again as a slow song comes on.
"Katniss, I think our families have been to parties way to often."
I laugh. "Ya think?"
"Well if I'm with you at the parties, I have a blast." Peeta admits.
"I'm sure you do sweetie." I state. "Because every one loves me and thinks I'm fun."
He smiles and bops my nose. "That's because you are."
I rest my head on his shoulder as we continue to dance to this slow song. And when it ends, I will be very glad I can leave this place.

I nervously put my hands into my jean pockets. Peeta walks a few feet ahead of me into the hospital. This afternoon we have decided to visit the Odairs. Rumor has said they will be able to leave in two days. I'm nervous. I don't know why I should be nervous. Every thing is fine, no one died. We go up to the desk.
Peeta asks, "Annie Odair."
The secretary nods. "Room 215."
He thanks her before pulling me into an elevator.
"Katniss you okay?"
I shrug "I'm nervous."
Peeta pulls me into a hug. "Kat there is nothing to be nervous about. I'm here healthy and alive. So is Annie, Prim, Finnick and Finn. Nothing is wrong okay, sweetie?"
"Okay Peeta." I softly say into his chest.
He rubs his big warm hand up and down trying to calm me down and assure me that every thing is fine. The elevator moves up two floors before finally dinging signaling we arrived. Peeta leads me out of the silver elevator and we walk to the room.
Just before we reach I ask him. "Can you hold my hand?"
"Of course. Darling I would love to hold your hand."
I giggle and open the door. There on the bed sits Annie, Finnick and baby Finn in their arms.
"Hey glad you guys could make it!" Annie says smiling.
I smile. "Glad we could. Prim wants us to be home for dinner."
"You too Peetie Pie?" Fish boy asks.
Peeta chuckles. "Apperantly I'm family."
I miss his check. "You sure are family."
"Well come say hi to Finn." Ann says.
I pull up a chair and so does Peeta. He rejoins our hands once we are seated.
Finnick coughs being serious. "Guys listen. Before we let you hold Finn Jr."
Annie snorts. "Since when is he Finn Jr?"
"Since now." Finnick smiles. "Any who, we were thinking. And wondering. But mostly thinking."
"Get to the point Odair."I say annoyed that it takes him so long to finish one sentence.
"Would you guys want to be his godmother and godfather?"
I watch a huge smile spread across Peeta's lips. "Yes we would love that."
I smile. "I'm happy that you asked us."
They nod.
Annie hands Finn to Peeta. "I know how much you love kids. How about you hold him?"
My boyfriend nods wildly. I laugh as I watch Peeta admire the little baby boy in his hands.
Finn Odair. The name kind of matches his style. Green eyes like his mom's and dad's, probably a dirty blond hair color, a few freckles splattered in his face. He is truly adorable. Right now he is asleep resting. His cheeks are chubby and his feet and hands are so small. Finn wears a blue sleeping jumpsuit and a light blueish greenish hat to cover his head.
"He is so cute guys." I remark.
Finnick nods. "Yes. He looks just like his mom."
"And like his dad." Annie adds.
When Peeta hands back their baby, he checks the time.
"Sorry guys me and Katniss have to leave now. If we don't get to the pizza place now, we will be killed by a now graduate."
I giggle as Peeta pulls me out of the chair. We wave goodbye before heading to pizza.

Prim laughs. "Yes Katniss I remember the time you burnt the kitchen down"
I had just shared, once again, about the time I tried cooking. Let's just say we were almost killed.
Peeta scoffs, "Oh it couldn't have been that bad."
I raise an eyebrow. "Want to bet?"
"Yes five dollars."
We shake on it. "Mom show him the picture."
Mom puts on a sheepish smile before finding the picture and showing it to Peeta. The picture is of our old kitchen. A black spot on the ceiling and walls, smoke out the window and a small hole on the ceiling. Luckily nothing was above that spot.
Peeta pulls out his wallet. "Okay now I know not to let you cook."
"Your mean." I pout as I put a piece of pizza in my mouth.
Peeta places a hand over his heart. "But you love me."
"I sure do love you." I smile kissing his cheek.
"You missed though!" He whines.
I roll my eyes and give him a wet, warm, cheesy kiss on the lips.
We pull away and Peeta thumbs up me. "Way better."
I laugh and continue to enjoy my dinner with my family. That was until I looked up and saw a glimpse of two people. A tall man and a medium sized girl. I glare at the doors.
Why do they always have to ruin my perfect moments with my family and friends?
Hey guys!
Who do you think the people spying on them are?
Guess in the comments. You will have to wait till next chapter to find out!
I hoped you liked the chapter.
Please vote and comment!
I will update very soon!
Please check out my book Hijacked! It means so much to me!
Madi :)