Chapter 19( Mutual Respect )

Hagoromo

"Yo. " he salutes with a closed eyed smile. I smile back at him, he's always there when I need him. And he makes his entrances soo cool.

" How did you know we were in trouble? "Inari asks.

" These idiots left scrapes and cuts onto trees and the trail led towards here, put two and two together."

I sweat drop surprised how smart Naruto sounds tight now.
"Anyway,Inari I think you can take care of things now."

He meekly nods.

"Hagoromo, if they're were attacking the house, it's likely they might be attacking the old man at the bridge. We need to think of a plan and--Ok! What is it? Is there something on my dace? You've been giving me that look since I got here. "

" It's just.... just. "

I start crying." I never knew you had such potential! You're acting really smart! "

Naruto screams at me." What did you think I was?! A stupid blockhead who doesn't think things through. "Well yeah! You're Naruto. But to see things through, I fee like a proud parent." I pretend to cry, to stir him up.

"Hey! "he shouts we both stare at each before sniggering a little, then burst into fits of laughter." Why do you turn into everything into a joke Naruto? "

" It's your laugh that makes me laugh idiot. "

It's these moments I live for.... Being able to just forget everything and..... Just laugh with Naruto I wish everyday was like this, no drama, no fights, just peace.

The moment is short lived though as Inari interrupts." Aren't you going to check on your teammates? "

We both stop and stare at each other. Then begin sprinting realising how they might be in trouble. I slow down remembering something.," I'll catch up! I forgot something. "

Naruto doesn't even acknowledges that he heard me, he just continues running. Sometimes, he can be a little too focused.

I walk over to Inari who is now helping up his mom." Let me help me you. "
" Thank you".

We return back to the house, I lay the unconscious Tsunami and the floor. Inari arrives back with a cold towel and lays it on his mother's head. I notice him looking solemn ad he starts downwards. "She'll okay, it's just a scratch."

He looks up st me again." Why? Why do you ninja stick with us and protect us? Why did you stay back? Your friends may need you but you stay and check on a stranger's wellbeing. Why do you do this? "

I'm a bit taken a back with the barrage of questions. Why is he suddenly asking me these questions, and me of all people.I have to decide on my words carefully here, I don't want crying kid on my hands. But I wanna sound cool like Naruto. I can't let him beat me in anything.

"Because..."I give Inari a thumbs up. "" Because we're hero's!"

Inari looks at me clueless. Maybe that was a bit too cheesy. As I'm about to take back what I said, I hear him chuckle then, giggle then burst out laughing. "Hagoromo! You're soo cheesy I can smell it". I swear drop as he continues to laugh hysterically, at least he's not depressed I guess. His laughter slowly dies down leaving an awkward silence replacing it.

" Well, I've got to get going soo....."Inari stares at me emotionless which makes it even more awkward. I feel his big round eyes focusing on me, I eventually get dreading every second I'm here. "Bye......".

I leave the house, still feeling weird l. I vigorously shake my head trying to prepare my myself for what's up ahead. I've got to hurry, they should be halfway fighting Zabuza now meaning Naruto must've arrived by now.

Inari startles me as violently opens the door. "Hagoromo!" he stares at me with an intense gaze. "You're going to save your friends right?"

"Um... Yeah" I nod confused as to where he's going with this. "You're going to protect the ones you care for. Which is why..... Which is why..."

He shouts at me with an determined look in his eye. "Which is why I wanna be a hero like you!I wanna protect everyone from bad guys!"

This kid.... I begin laughing to which he looks confused. "I'm not sure if I'm a hero but..."

I raise my fist towards him clenched. "Let's both protect our loved ones." he stares at my floating fist before fist bumping it trying to keep his tears in. "Yeah."

I wave him goodbye as we part ways. I run into the forest, and the words a Inari said pops into my head. I feel a surge of energy, like I can do anything, take on anyone.....

I make mental note to thank Inari after the battle. This is just what I needed. Naruto..... Wait for me.

I disappear into forest ready to fight for my comrades but especially Naruto......