Choices (chapter 33)

Third Pov

That man... Hagoromo knew him.. Somehow he did. Memories ripped in half came rushing into him like a rapid of waves. He remembered he gave him armbands to help his chakra control back when they were on a certain mission. Zabuza..... Zabuza!

Hagoromo begins to murmur out loud. "Hey, Hagoromo. You okay?" Kill asks noticing his insane looking friend. "Hagoromo?" the silver haired man questions. That can't be, he was reported dead at the scene... He tightens his grip firmly.. He was lied to.. He wanted to save him himself but he thought the so-called "mercenary" (Yohei) squad could handle this recovery, obviously not the case.

Hagoromo

Scarlet who's still subdued by Kakashi notices his confused, distracted face and tries to take advantage. Her ignited hands turn into claws once more. "Didn't anyone tell you you never take your eye off the enemy!"

She manages to take a swipe at the man with silver hair from her restrained position. She smiles gleefully as her claws puncture the man's stomach. He begins to cough blood as he unsteadily stumbles backwards.

I look closer at the man. "That's not him." I say out loud. Everyone looks at me. "What's that supposed to mean?" Kill asks. I swear... Sometimes I feel I'm the only one who knows anything about chakra. Apparently, when we ignite our hands, we don't actually use chakra. Natural energy or something, that's our Kekki Genkai. But that's no reason to not even use chakra or notice when the enemy is using a simple water clones.

"Die! Die! Die, die, die, die Die! " Scarlet shouted. She was on top of the lifeless body stabbing him repeatedly with her claws.

" Tut, Tut. You're very energetic aren't you? " the real one appears on top of a damaged rooftop, he was down on his haunches and had a closed eyed smile." That's her gone, now who's next? Or should we just go straight to the leader? " The fake clone turns into water falls onto the floor. Scarlet sits motionless, probably getting furious for being fooled so easily.

We all look to where he is now. Whoever he was, he was making a mockery of the Yohei. I clench my fist in anger as he gleefully jumps from the building. This man...

" Hey, in case you haven't seen she's not exactly defeated-" Kill is cutt off as Scarlet falls onto the floor like a ragdoll. "She's been put into a genjutsu. She won't waking up anytime soon considering she couldn't even realise I was using a water clone-."

"Enough! " I shout. Hearing him disgrace us like this was shaking me to my core and I couldn't hold it in anymore. I draw out my katana and leap off the snake." You won't be winning anymore! " I swing my katana forward and he parries with his kunai. I could tell he was struggling to parry my attack, I focus energy into my feet and it acts as a propellor giving me more power. Kakashi drops to one knee, I'm overpowering him! For some reason, being able to beat him up feels so good. Like I've had a grudge I had to settle with him...
He begins to grunt as he pushes me back. "You're not the only one who can use chakra to strengthen their power."

More, more, more! More power. I need more! I focus all my natural energy into my feet and a massive flame emits from them. "I'm beating you now!" I shout

Kakashi

This kid was good. He reminded me just like Hagoromo. If it wasn't for me managing to put a seal sign onto him discreetly he would be over powering me. Dust and leaves begin to swirl around us blocking his comrades view. I begin to lose my footing and the roof tiles start to collapse.

I grunt in frustration, my footing was breaking apart and this brat wasn't backing down. "Raggghh!" His mask flies off his face. My eyes widen. Staring at me, his browser furrowed, grinding his teeth together, his eyes said "I really want to kill you." Hagoromo, the supposedly dead phantom was going toe to toe with me?!

"Hagoromo? What are you doing? Why are you doing this? You're not one of them! You're a leaf! Nothing they say will change that, I mean, what will Naruto think of what you're doing? "

I immediately realised I struck a chord after saying Naruto. The colour got flushed from his face, his way eyes were watery, the raging power surrounding his body subsided back into him like it was alive. Once spinning leaves dropped to the floor.

" N-naruto... That name.. I remember.... A little.. The blonde one. Right? "

I stare at him in confusion, did he not remember him? I nod slowly." Hagoromo... What happened to you? You don't remember Naruto? You lived here. What did they do to you? "

I place a hand on his shaking shoulder. They erased his mind.. He doesn't remember anything. What jutsu is this?

" Then... Who are you? " he asks like an innocent child who doesn't want to be lied to any longer. How could this happen to my student? How?" Kakashi Hatake... Your master.. "

" The hell are you talking about? You're not his master! Hagoromo is a Yohei! Not a stupid Leaf! " the short one jumps from the snake and stomps over to the building roof we're on." Don't let him fill you're mind with rubbish Hagoromo. "

Hagoromo looks at me like he was waiting for my comback. Well it's obvious he was previously a Leaf, he should be able to figure that out
" If he's been with Yohei the whole time, then how come he has recurring memories of this place? He was here first and you people erased his mind. I'm telling the truth Hagoromo."

I glance at what seems to be the leader, he hasn't moved a single inch, neither has the tall mysterious one.. Oddly suspicious. My. Attention reverts back to Hagoromo as he says something. "I want..... To see-" he's cut off as the unstable footing we're both on collapses and I the house crumbles in my on itself. We both fall helplessly down with the debris following us.

I manage to dodge the incoming debris after landing. But the still confused Hagoromo isn't so lucky. After the dust settles, I see him crushed under a large piece of rubble. "Hagoromo!" I scream. Now memories came rushing back to me. I remember losing a comrade this exact same way. I didn't want to go through that again. That's why I grew stronger.

"Lightning blade! " I scream a spark of electricity becomes a massive torrent in my palm. It chirped like a thousand birds.

This jutsu killed a comrade...... I pray it can save one too.