Burdens (Chapter 21)

Hagoromo
I had to do it.. I try to keep reassuring myself what I did was the right thing to do. Sasuke couldn't stand let alone fight. I sweat drop, thinking what Sasuke would say after I literally threw. "Idiot! You could have killed me! You don't think at all, you are just like Naruto."

Never mind, that. I need to focus on this guy. Although Sasuke is worse off, Naruto is still in bad shape. "How heroic of you, alas he will die too. After I kill both of you. It was you're defeat the moment you came in-

I focus chakra into my hands eyes once again and all my unnecessary are dulled. I see everything, hear everything. I'm not quite sure how I do this, but I'm not complaining. This technique has got me out of many sticky situations when training with Kakashi. This power os great but I feel somewhat uneasy when I use it, like I'll completely change into a different person if I have it activated for too long. It may just be me, but I think that white haired lady has something to do about it. I haven't seen her since that fire dude stabbed her...

"Take this! " the masked man says and all of his mirrored images jump out of their ice mirrors, senbon in hand. Everyone of them dive for me, and all I do is sidestep out of the way, easily dodging them. Each one I dodge I look at carefully." No... No not this one.

As another clone jumps at me, I grab his wrist disarming him and causing him to groan in pain. "Found you." I tighten my grip and he falls to his knees trying to free himself desperately. "But, how?!"

"No one's ever been able to keep with my speed let alone tell who's the real me. "

" I guess I'm just special. "

" Alright! You took that weirdo down" Narurto exclaims fist bumping in the air. I don't know how he has that kind of energy when-. What the hell! His wounds have healed! He's even managed to remove some the senbon from his body. He's a real mystery some times.

"Wait a minute... Those eyes they're scarlet red. "

"My eyes are Brown" I say in a monotonous voice. Can he see properly through that mask?

"No.... Now that I look closer you're eyes are red! " Naruto notices.

" You too, Naruto? "

The masked dude takes advantage of my lack of concentration and rips away from my grip, he jumps back into the mirror.

" If I knew you were part of the Sun clan I would've never gone easy."

"Sun clan? " He knows something... Everyone knows something about me nowadays..
" Tell me more about this Sun clan. "

" It matter to a dead Rakai! " his ice mirrors are replaced by spiked door which are steadily trapping us in." This is my clan's ultimate killing jutsu. Don't even try and fight it, it absorbs chakra." I frown, this is going to be difficult.

"I ain't dying here" Naruto says as he drags up himself up his legs wobble. "Don't push yourself." I hurry over to support him but he swipes me away. "Stop! I still have my pride. I can't be a hindrance again..."

I stare at his annoyed face, he looks downwards and he's biting his lip. He only does this if he's frustrated. Is he serious? He's not a hindrance. "It was you who took down that samur-"

"Yeah because he was distracted! If he wasn't I would've lost! If you really want to help, leave me alone- Ow!" he grips his hand. I take his hand and inspect it.... It's still bruised, why? "

" I'm sick of being ignored take this!" the masked dyde says and the ice spikes dramatically speed up. Danmn it.... I light my hand with chakra and forget it's still in Naruto's hand. "Oh no, sorry Naruto! I forgot I was still holding you? Are you burnt badly-".

And then I saw something amazing, something I've never seen before... Not when I read the manga or when I watched the anime. At my palm was my usual ignited hand, but it looked like there were two different shades of red. My usual red chakra but mixing with it was a much darker chakra. It was bubbling like it was.... Alive.

"Burden? That's never going to be in my vocabulary again. Never again, Believe it! " and with that Naruto springs up and launches his fist at the wall. But what I'm surprised about is that he hasn't realised that we are still holding hands and he's punching with my hand in his.

Everything goes slow motion the ice spikes are only a few inches away from my foot. My body is lifted up as Naruto guides our fist the the ice. Once we make contacted the ice, the ice becomes completely obliterated. A burst of red bubbling chakra takes down half of the ice structure and causes it to cave in. What immense power.... Is this what happens when we fuse chakra together? Unbelievable....... As both fall onto the floor, our faces stare at each other with the same stunned face.

"Did.... I do that? "Narutoin inquires looking into the sky like it had the answer. I meekly shake my head."Nope we did it," Naruto returns my remark with a wide grin.

"As brothers". I sweat drop as he says this at least he's back to normal.

"Hey Hagoromo? "

" Yeah? "

" I can't move a single muscle in my body"

"That's ok, neither can I. Let's just lay here. "

And so we did I. Don't know how long but seemed like forever. We lay there completely forgetting we were in battle and one of our comrades may be in a life or death situation....