Flashback (chapter 23)

HAGOROMO

That was way too close for comfort... Sasuke almost exposed me. If it wasn't for that guy, I would've been lost for words. I'd Thank him but unfortunately, he's been pierced in the hear by Kakashi's chidori. He jumped in the way of him to protect Zabuza. "Well done Haku."he Zabuza muses.

" You've done well in fulfilling my needs. Now hold Kakashi there while I take a have a go at him." he swings his massive sword towards Kakashi. "Chakra... GUN!" I begin to shoot out chakea infused with bullets, every single one hitting home and knocking Zabuza. I can see everyone staring at me in disbelief, it's quite rewarding to have even the famous Kakashi look at you with such a admirable look.

I suddenly stop shooting and drop to one knee gasping for breath. I guess that fusion attack with Naruto took a lot outta me, that was only have as much shots than I usually shoot. The dust settles and there is a evil dark chakra emanating in the air.

"Now you've done it... You've really pissed me off now.. I'm going to make all your deaths as painful as possible. Especially the Yohei over there...I didn't finish my job 14 years ago, perhaps it's time I finished it? "

" Hagoromo, what's he taking about? " Naruto asks kunai at hand but I can tell that he's terrified by the uncomforting presence." I'm just as clueless as you. "

Zabuza swings his giant sword in the air before stabbing to it into the ground." Allow me to enlighten you. " with that he's gone in a flash. I try to focus my chakra into my eyes but I am really at my limit.

" Don't just stand there! Move Hagoromo! "Kakashi shouts but his voice becomes more distant, in fact everything begins to sound muffled. The only sound I can hear is the unsettling sound of my heavy breathing.

" You want to know don't you? " his voice reverberates in my mind. I frantically look around for familiar fave but I see nothing but mist." Tired of being in the dark are we? "

" Let me show you. " he appears in front of me and his fingers press into my temple." Let me show you how I was assigned to kill your clan. "
I scream in pain as my mind feels like it's being teared in two. My face is drenched in sweat from fear as I try to rip his hands off but it's to no avail.

Memories come flooding into my mind like a torrent waves.

********
3RD PERSON POV

Zabuza inspects the face of his latest victim. He grabs her jaw and turns it side to side. "If only you were older." he sighs. "You would've taken me down in no time, too bad for you I'm not waiting."

"What are you doing? Hurry up! We've been ordered to do this quickly. " A masked man in a bird mask appears beside Zabuza.

" Yeah Yeah I'm going. "

******
Zabuza runs through the dry black streets of the town. Markets and stalls are now burnt to the ground. Smoke and ash fill the air along with the strong scent of blood. He turns a corner and reaches a small house.

He opens the sliding door and he's ambushed by a red haired woman about to stab him with a kunai. "I won't let you take my boy!" she lunges for Zabuza, desperation is evident in her eyes.

Zabuza simply dodges and squeezes her hand forcing her to let go of her weapon. He continues to squeeze until he hears a sickening crunch. She wails out in pain. She starts biting Zabuza's hand like a mangy dog. Zabuza doesn't react much to it. He heard Yohei woman can be crazy, this didn't phase him really but he did have a quota to keep. With that, he stabs the woman in the stomach. She coughs dark crimson blood all over the already dirty floor. "It's over. It was nice seeing you again Emi, before you died."