Battle (chapter 37)

Third POV

"Nine thousand nine hundred and ninety six......nine thousand nine hundred and ninety seven." Lee's arm was beginning to shake. One arm handstand pushups was the best! Having his right leg and arm broken during the Chunin exams may have been worth it. He's noticed the imbalance in his body. He had sneaked away to the training field while the nurse wasn't looking."Nine thousand nine hundred and ninety eight." His beads of sweat drenched him."Almost there!" He says."One more..-Woah." The a gust of wind knocks Lee over.

Lee falls flat on the floor."Ow! Who did that?" He tries to get up but his completely fatigued body wouldn't allow anymore suffering.
"Guess he's not here huh? Better keep on looking... Oh hi! Lee? Yeah Lee I remember!" Lee tries and tries to at least lift his neck. He slowly rises, veins throbbing from his sweaty forehead."Youth!" He grunts almost getting up.

"Alright see you later. I've gotta go".
Lee shoots upwards panting and gasping for breath. He glanced around looking for the owner of the voice. No one at all... He could've sworn he knew who it was. Unfortunately, that person was no longer alive. He wanted to spar with him at least once to see who was stronger. Just once......

********
In Bb-Q the barbeque shop,team Asuma is celebrating a successful mission with some feast. Ino, although wanted to keep in shape and refused to eat the fatty poultry. Shikamaru didn't eat because waiting for the food to cook on the cooking table before him and actually feeding himself by himself was a massive drag. He just sat there taking a nap dreaming about some lazy dream. Asuma just looked out the window not hungry either while having a smoke even though the manager had told about six times he wasn't allowed too. Choji was scoffing down the entire feast by himself. Cooked or raw. Choji didn't care.

"Hey Naruto!" Choji stpos from his food hoarding trance to greet the glum looking blonde boy who just entered the restaurant. Naruto walks over with his hands in his pockets."Why don't you join us? There's plenty go around!"

"No thanks I'm good. I'm looking for Sasuke you see. Have you seen him anywhere?" Naruto asks not bothering to look them in the eye. They stop what they're doing look at glum boy."I think he is in the hospital,been for a awhile. You should know this" Shikamaru scans the boy head to toe with one eye closed. Something weird was going on but he was too lazy to figure it out. Lay back again and continued on with his nap.

"Yeah of course, anyway thanks." He waves goodbye as he leaves the packed restaurant. Asuma noticed it too. Something weird was going on....but much like his lazy student, he wasn't going to interfere for fear it might mess up his peaceful afternoon.

********
Sasuke is in romm b13 and the leaf hospital. He sits upright once again giving up on trying to sleep. That sentence kept pooping in his head. He's showed me up every single time.
He thought of the plan to takedowm Zabuza, he took on his brother while Sasukewas being choked by him. He stopped that massive snake in the forest of death while cowardly gave up. Now he defeated a sand demon and he just spectated.

How is this strong. What's his secret? "Sasuke? I'm coming in!" Sakura enters with a fruit basket. That girl couldn't take a hint could she-.
From the corner of his eye he could see someone coming through the window."Sakura! Get down!" Sasuke lunges at Sakura as the person crashes. They both lift their heads from the side of the bed to see a gleeful Naruto."Yo! I wanted to surprise you but couldn't think of a way to surprise a hospitalised person without giving them a heart attack."

"Naruto you id-!"

"Shut up Sakura!" Sasuke snaps. He couldn't take anymore of her nonsense."Naruto... How about we settle our differences. Let's fight right now!"

Sakura remembers specifically that Naruto said he was going to Ichiraku Ramen, would he lie. This didn't seem like a Naruto thing at all....
"Naruto? Are you blind or something?" Naruto sticks out his tongue defiantly m"Baka(idiot) use your sharingan."

Sasuke's mind sounds out Naruto like a brick wall. Ye just kept thinking: I can.... I can... I can definitely beat this idiot!"Enough chitchat!" Sasuke points at Naruto with a hateful glare which could melt a mountain."Come with me to the rooftop."
Naruto looks back confused as his tongue retreats back to his tongue. This might be a setup!"Okay okay mister let's go", he shoves his hands in his pockets as they climb the flights of stairs. They're met by a large flat roof with hundreds of bed sheets being hanged on washing lines ."You really wanna do this?" Naruto questions as he begins to think it's not a joke."No holding back" Sasuke hate driven eyes say one thing: I'll show you I'm the best!.

"Alrighty, but you might be surprised by this.Woooaaahhh" he murmers quietly as Naruto is surrounded by what seems to be living chakra, it scurried around him until finally resting at his palms. The power from his hands caused the bed sheets to fly away and Sakura to shield her eyes afraid of the dirt that might get in them. The chakra retreats even further into his hands and condenses so that they are glowing like two golden bells."Shall we start", Naruto says menacingly.

******
"Oi! Naruto come back! Where you going? You never not finish your ramen" Iruka pleads for the swift boy to come back but he's already out of earshot. He felt it... He knew he did. That powerful spark wasn't definitely a person he knew...... Local villagers gasped as he sped past them. I'm coming..... Don't go... Wait for me...