Chapter 2

//Authors note:
Ah can't wait to introduce Xiumin to this story, haha be patient, everything will fall together soon!

Thanks for the continuous reading! Hope you like this chapter.
---------------------------------------------------------
Luhan's POV

The day after meeting Ling, I decided to drop by Zhang-ge's coffee shop again. Partly for the good coffee, but mostly to have some fun with Ling. I checked my phone again hoping for a reply to a text I sent her earlier. Still nothing.

After making sure that I was completely hidden with my face mask and sunglasses, I walked out of my room and paused at the door. On the nearby shelf was the hat that Ling gave me the day before, to protect me from the public. I smiled recalling the memory of her face, inches away from my own and her laugh. I grabbed the hat, fitted it on my head and, checking the mirror one last time, I left for the coffee shop.

"Ling's not here today," Zhang-ge said as he drew on a latte. "She works for me every other day."

I slouch in my seat in front of him and watched him carefully crafted a picture if a deer. He passed it to me with a smirk. "I knew you two would hit it off."

I straightened up, colour rising to my ears. "Hit what off, we aren't hitting anything off."

"Don't lie, you ears are bright red." Zhang-ge teased. "Could it be, that you have a crush on her?"

I blinked and fixed my hair. "No way, I don't think so?"

I stared at the deer on my latte and pulled out my phone.

Why hasn't she replied me yet? All I asked was if she wanted to grab a coffee with me. Does it sound weird, does she think that I was asking her out? Oh, that's awkward.

I took a picture of the deer and sent it to her.

Drinking coffee, but where are you?

I hesitated.

Does that sound okay? Ah, I don't know.

I sent it, and what can I say, I instantly regretted it.

She's going to think I'm a creep.

-----♡
Ling's POV

I woke up bright and early today to go to my part-time at Dream Cosmetics. The manager here hates it when people are late, three strikes means you're out. I stood in the hair products section in my pair of navy heels, and a uniform that strangely resembles that of a flight attendant. I bowed to every customer as they passed by, mostly girls with their boyfriends.

I shifted my weight and changed the way I was standing slightly. I have been standing for 3 hours, and my feet, which aren't used to heels, were sore and aching.

"Ling, you can go on your first break." My boss said walking past my aisle.

With a sigh of relief, I skipped to the exit of the store, hoping to buy some food. Two familiar figures stood at the entrance waiting for me. One shaggy-haired the other hooded, masked and shaded from view.

"Lu-ge, Zhang-ge! What are you doing here?" I asked while trying to fix the back of my heels and move towards them. "What about the shop?"

"Closed up for the rest of the day." Zhang-ge scowled at Luhan. "This guy kept asking me to take him to you."

I blushed furiously.

Did he want to see me? And look, he still has my hat.

Luhan helped me stabilize myself and without warning flicked me on the forehead.