Chapter 5

//Author's Note:
Ah! Xiumin's reality has finally caught up with him! His manager has found him! What is he going to do? How is he going to leave Luhan, and more importantly what's going to happen to the new relationship between Ling and him?

Haha exciting :D

Thank you for continuous reading!
Enjoy the story.
---------------------------------------------------------
Xiumin's POV

"Hello, Minseok." He spat at me.

I took a step back subconsciously and bowed at him.

"H-hyung" I didn't dare look up at him, to be fair, I'm surprised he hasn't leaped over the counter and slapped me.

"Minseok, what are you doing?" He continued in the same manner. "Do you know how many schedules we had to cancel because if you?"

I bowed even lower. "Sorry, I'm really sorry."

"Ha! Doesn't seem like it." He slapped the counter, instantly silencing the whole shop.

Ling came running out from the back room.

"What's happening?" Her confused voice was firm and confident.

She looked at me, then at my manager and pulled me behind her. Her grip was hard and her hand was cold from fright.

"If you want to talk, let's go to the back room." She said with no hesitation, but her hands were shaking.

We moved into the backroom where Ling pulled us all a chair to sit on.

"Here's your flight for tonight." He threw a booklet at me. "We're going back to Korea."

I opened my mouth to object, but Ling cut in.

"He can't, not tonight." She blurted out.

My manager tilted his head at her. "Oh? And why not? Do you know who he is?"

Ling nodded. "Xiumin is supposed to sing live for a charity event tonight."

I stared at her. What?

"He has to be there, it'll ruin his image if he doesn't go."

Ling's hand had begun to fidget violently. She pushed her hand between her legs and smiled at my manager.

"And what charity is this?" My manager smiled in amusement, crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair.

Ling stared at him blankly for a brief second before smiling again. "A surprise event at an old orphanage."

My manager did not look convinced and glanced at me which I avoided eye contact with. "Right, okay. Tomorrow morning, you'll go back. That ticket will still be valid."

I stood up and bowed 90 degrees. "Thank you, hyung-nim."

Ling sighed a breath of relief joined me in bowing at my manager.

"I'm counting on you to get on that plane tomorrow morning Minseok." My manager stood up and pointed a finger at me. "I have to go back now, I spent way too much time here looking for you."

"Yes, hyung-nim," I said head still down.

He stopped midway to the door and turned. "By any chance, did you come to China to meet up with Luhan?"

My heart stopped in its tracks. We EXO members were forbidden from having any form of contact with ex-members. If he found out-

"He was here to visit me." Ling blurted out. "We're old friends."