Chapter 38

//Author's Note:
Borin and Luhan are dating, and Ling can't help but feel jealous. Now that the two of them are in separate countries, it doesn't look like Ling can do anything about it but accept it. Would she be able to do it?

Thanks for continuous reading!
Enjoy the story.
----------------------------------------------------
Ling's POV

Nam Soon and I left the shop after saying goodbye to Zhang-ge. Sehun had called me earlier telling me that we were going to meet at one of Lay's favorite Chinese restaurants in the heart of Beijing. With Nam Soon unfamiliarity with the language, I pulled him along to the bus and made sure he followed me where ever I went. 

It was around dinner time and Beijing was crowded with people. Nam Soon struggled to keep up and I had almost thought that I had lost him from time to time. Eventually, we arrived at the restaurant feeling exhausted and starving from the trip. The restaurant was big and luxurious and subconsciously I placed a worried hand on my wallet in my bag. 

"Nam Soon," I muttered under my breath as we bowed at the waiter at the entrance. "I don't think I'll be able to afford this place."

Nam Soon chuckled under his breath and took a large gulp of air. "At least, you're working, I have no money."

"Ling!" Sehun waved at me from the back of the restaurant and pointed at the room next to him. "In here!"

Nam Soon rushed towards them and I followed glancing nervously at the people around me, all of whom were wearing fancy clothing.

I slipped into the room and opened my mouth to complain.

"Surprise!" Streamers and confetti popped all around me falling in my hair and on my face. I blinked in surprise as Baekhyun pulled me into a tight hug. Xiumin waved at me excitedly and moved towards me. D.O and Kai stood leaning against the table and beamed at me when I made eye contact with them. Xiumin walked over, tore Baekhyun off of me and ruffled my hair.

I felt my face grow hot as my vision started to blur with tears. I ran into Xiumin almost knocking the wind out of him. He laughed and wrapped his arms around me, rocking back and forth in a hug. "Xiumin, I missed you!"

"Me too," He whispered in my ear and pecked me on the cheek. 

"Aish, that's enough," Sehun said and tugged on my arm to pull me out of Xiumin's grip. I laughed and followed him to a seat around the table. The members sat around me and presented the cake on the table.

I covered my face in embarrassment as they sang for me in unison their voices ringing out filling the room. I peered at them between my fingers. D.O, Kai, Sehun, Xiumin, Lay, Nam Soon, and Baekhyun, all of them supported me when the incident with Borin happened. It made me kind of upset that the other members didn't come but remembering the words Chanyeol and Suho had said to me, it was unlikely that they would've.

When they finished singing, Kai put a hand on my shoulder next to me. "How have you been?"

"So good, I missed you guys so much." I beamed at them from across the table. My eyes rested on Xiumin and he smiled flashing his teeth at me. I blushed and suddenly remembered the words Nam Soon had said to me in the shop.

"Sehun!" I snapped angrily at him beside me. The members looked at me in alarm as I held out my hand to him. "Give me your phone, delete that photo."

Lay was the first one to catch on and he broke out in a fit of laughter, Baekhyun and Xiumin eventually joining in. D.O looked at me. "Aren't you two dating?"

"No, Sehun's been spreading false rumors," I said eyeing Sehun who put his hand over his pocket protectively. "Give me your phone."

"I only did that to get back at Borin," He whined and shook his shoulders. "Ling, I did it for you."