Chapter 51

//Author's Note:
The question has finally been asked, who does Ling like better, Xiumin or Luhan?

Thanks for continuous reading!
Enjoy the story.
---------------------------------------------------------
Xiumin's POV

I couldn't bring myself to look at her. I was scared of her answer, I didn't know what to expect.

We stood in silence in the empty lounge. My eyes fixed on the flowers that bloomed in the corner of the room. I hear her let out a sigh and my heart raced uncontrollably.

"You're the one I'm dating."

Her voice was quiet and soothing, but her words agitated me. I looked up at her in annoyance, my brows meeting at the center. Her eyes fixed on me, emotionless. There were bags under her eyes, darkened by the dim light that illuminated her. I let out a sigh and looked at her tired composure. Her mouth formed a firm line and she held her jaw hard. I could tell she was trying to avoid the question.

"That's not what I mean." I held her face in my hands and realized that I had been shaking. She placed her hand over mine and squeezed.

"Minseok-"

I pulled my hand away. I knew what her answer was going to be, or maybe I didn't, but I didn't care. I was scared. I didn't want to feel the pain of knowing that she would choose Luhan over me.

"Let's break up."

Her eyes widened slowly and, not being able to bear the look on her face, I walked past her with the tightening knot in my chest, not saying a word.

-----

Ling's POV

It didn't fully hit me until I heard the door to the lobby click shut. I stood in the middle of the lobby listening to the deafening silence that surrounded me.

Minseok is breaking up with me?

I couldn't make sense of it, we had only been together for a little bit over a week. I recoiled and hugged myself remembering the warmth of his arms around me.

It's gone.

I stood, unable to move from my spot. My breathing was rash and my mind was a jumbled mess. The sound of laughter outside the lobby caught me off guard and I hurried to the elevator to return to my apartment. He wasn't there.

My eyes lingered on the stairs and I bit my lip to hold back the accumulating tears at the corner of my eyes.

No, there had to be an explanation for this, did Borin-

I knew that wasn't it, Xiumin wasn't the type to be manipulated easily by the likes of her. I was ashamed of myself for even thinking of the possibility.

The door of my apartment was open slightly ajar when I reached it. I wiped my eyes hard before pushing open the door, forcing a smile on my lips as to not make a scene.

Despite Baekhyun's bright smile and Nam Soon's cheerful laughter, the room was cold to me. All I could see was Xiumin in the corner of the room leaning over his suitcase. He looked up as I entered, and for a brief moment, I saw the smallest sign of grief in his eyes. I opened my mouth to call out to him, my heart lifting slightly.

It was a joke.

Before I could even utter a sound, he tore his eyes from mine. I watched him check over the contents of his luggage for tomorrow's flight without a single word to me.

"Ling, did you get your luggage done yet?" Luhan leaned his face into my view and I blinked in surprise, my thoughts scattered.

I shook my head and remembered the words Xiumin had asked me.