Chapter 42

//Author's Note:
Just as things were going well for Xiumin, Ling meets Luhan in China? Wait, what was Luhan doing in China?

Thanks for continuous reading!
Enjoy the story.
-------------------------------------------------------
Luhan's POV

I stood at the counter of the shop staring at the menu. The shop was deserted, not a single person could be seen. I knocked on the counter top waiting for Zhang-ge to come out from behind the back room.

Was no one here? It wasn't like Zhang-ge to leave the shop unattended.

I glanced at the back room hoping to see a familiar face, preferably Ling's.

I frowned and looked down again. I had come to China to talk to Ling, I wanted her to explain things to me as I couldn't help but feel as though I was the reason why she left Korea.

Of course she wouldn't want to see you, you didn't hear her out before.

I frowned and ran a hand through my hair. This did not mean that I took her side, I still couldn't believe that she would do something so cruel to Borin and certainly not her absurd story. Borin, hurting herself to frame Ling was next to impossible.

It's just that, I wanted to see Ling, see how she was doing, maybe get an apology so all of this can just blow over and we can go back to the way it was before.

"Hello?" I called out trying to empty out my mind.

It took a while, but eventually, Ling peaked her head from behind the door of the back room. 

"Can I help you?" Her voice was barely a whisper and I had to strain my ear to hear her.

"Americano please," I said, trying my best to suppress the loud beating of my heart. No matter what Ling had done to Boin, I had come to realize that I could not deny my feelings for her. Love is strange.

Ling walked over slowly trying to hide her face with her bangs and failing miserably. She worked quickly and passed me an Americano from behind the counter, not once meeting my eyes.

I sipped my drink in silence as she stood there looking at her fingers. I put down my drink and prepared myself to start off the conversation.

How are you? What have you been doing? Have you been eating well?

"What are you doing here?" She said firmly and met my eyes. 

My mind blanked out and I realized that I did not have a legit ament reason for being in China other than to see her. I looked down at my drink and said nothing. I felt pathetic for being there, I didn't side with her and yet, I loved her.

"I hear you're dating Borin," She said, her tone softened slightly.

Right, I was. I said nothing and didn't look at her.

"How is she?"

"Why don't you go and see for yourself?" I bellowed at her, letting my anger get the best of me. I watched as her brows arched upwards and she hugged herself protectively, taking a step backward.

Guilt hit me hard in the chest and I held out my hand apologetically at her. I didn't mean to yell at her. "Sorry."

She shook her head and looked away. "You still don't believe me." Her voice was a whisper now, and I felt further away from her than I have ever felt before.

"Ling, listen," I tried to reach out to her, to tell her it was okay that she did those things and that all she needed to do was apologize.

"No, you listen," She glared at me on the verge of tears. "I, didn't do it. I would never do something like that, why won't you believe me? I thought you of all people-"