Chapter 5 (Lint train)

..................Cam & Johnny...................
Cam, Johnny and the girls both woke early before Travis and got ready to leave.
"Hey Travis time to get up." Johnny said as he dried his hair with his towel.
"Ugh...
Why did we have to get the early train." Travis grumbled as he got out of bed shuffling his feet to the bathroom.
"Because it was the only available ticket." Johnny chuckled as he walked back to his room.
Cam was all ready to go along with the girls by the time Travis got out and was ready they went down stairs for a quick breakfast and headed to the Train.
It was total chaos with the Lints.
They spotted some kind of commotion going on by the train
.......................The Lints......................
The train that had brought their family into the city many years ago was approaching the Lint Station...
They thought their lives would be better then, safe even, they quickly found out how wrong they were and how corrupt the new laws were and those in charge were equally corrupted.

Jake remembered it all to well. He was always reminded of that day as he waited for the train to go into the Lint city, to make sure the Lint were properly trained in self-defense if they were invaded and to make sure the guards were doing their jobs...

......................Jake's Past.....................
It was three days after their tutor passed them and said they were ready, at first their parents assumed it was for classes with other children their age but on that unfortunate day they found out how wrong they were.

Jake, Rose, Lang, and Justin were outside playing, because Jared was asleep and Elexis wanted him to stay that way, the infant never seemed to sleep through the night, he was a year old by now, plus Claire herself was resting because she too was about to have her first set of twins.
As the boys played, four guards aprouched them, two were about the age Justin is now and the other two Jakes age now, the younger of the two escorted the boys and Rose to the jeep telling them they were taking them to school, while the older two spoke with their parents.

Jake saw other kids being pulled from their homes screaming and crying, that's when he realized they had to get out of the jeep but before either of the boys or Rose could react restraints clamped onto their wrists, they struggled and screamed for their parents.

"What is the meaning of this, we were told our children wouldn't be taken from us?" Noah said as he shoved one of the boys out of his way but the other boy took out an electric wand and placed it on the back of Noah's neck shocking him, as Noah laid there catching his breath the boy explained.
"Of course you were not informed of it, if you were you would have hid them and forced us to kill you and your one woman who already bore her child, this one would have given birth at the breeding camp, than she too would be destroyed making all your children wards of our city. But only three of your boys and girl are taken from you for the sake of our city and your lives today, consider yourselves blessed. Now forget you ever had them, they are dead to you now." The guard coldly said as he turned and headed to the jeep.
Jake, Justin, Rose and Lang were ordered by that same guard to be silent, as he hit Jake in the face.
With tears in their eyes they looked out the back window of the jeep watching their home and all they knew fade away.

Only Rose was returned home the next day because they got documentation saying she was not under the law.
The Dawson's tried to get their boys back but the council did not listen to their plees.

The boys were taken to the train station, the same one they used for the Lint.
They borded them all in like cattle, some were beaten because they tried to escape or fight back but Jake made sure his family would not, he already knew what would happen if they tried anything, they sat huddled together on the floor like when they were with their parents but this time they were not being comforted by their parents. Jake took on the roll of Noah telling the boys they were going to be fine.