Chapter 10 (New Day)

Raven was the first to wake, he didn't stick around and wait for orders or instructions, he took it upon himself to explore his new world, first stop the treehouse stables, he wanted to get a good look of the demon like horses.
He saw a bucket of live mice near the entrance, figuring it was for those horses he took one as a treat for the horse he figures was the one that pulled the wagon.

All was peaceful, the horses were just waking, at first Raven assumed they must have him in another stable, the only horses that lined the stable were your typical normal everyday healthy horses, than he spotted it the stall made of iron bars barely wide enough for a small child to get his hands through. "They're not taking any chances with you are they." Raven chuckled to himself as he aproched the stall.

A bullet proof glass acted as a window that broke up the center of the bars, it was at the highth of a full grown man or tall nosey teenage boy.
The horse's ears perked up, he even became agitated as he smelt Raven's scent nearing his stall, he began to scrape at the ground as a warning not to come any further, the sound was not like your typical horse hoof sound kinda hollow and tap shoe like, no it was more of a solid thud almost thunderous.
You would think that alone would be a deterrent but Raven continued his approach, than the horse started snorting like a bull ready to charge, again Raven was not a bit alarmed, than suddenly the horse perked up for he smelt a familiar sent, his favorite treat, mice.
"So this is for you." Raven chuckled as he spoke to the horse.
He knelt down by the bars all the while the horse waited intently and watched as Raven ushered the little mouse through the bars.
Raven watched as the horse spun around and pawed at the mouse as it tried to escape its fate, but the horse was cunning and swift he was actually letting the rodent think it will escape.
"That was cool." Johnny chuckled from behind Raven Cam stood slightly behind.
Did I forget to mention how intelligent these horses are?" Thomas said from behind them as they jumped at the sound of the man's strong Irish accent, "I didn't mean to frighten you lads, you know Toothless is going to be your faithful friend now.
Probably the same for you two." Thomas chuckled.
"Wait Toothless?!" Raven was surprised by the odd name for a very toothy and not to mention sharp teeth that horse has.
"Ah, that's right, you three probably never even seen it..." Thomas chuckled "Seen what?!" All three asked.
"Many years ago a cartoon came out called How to Train your Dragon, one of the Dragons in particular was call a Night Fury which is what we call these horses, anyhow everyone feared him but a boy got close earned its trust, he named the dragon Toothless on account the dragon can retract its teeth and the boy didn't see them at first when he named him, in fact even these horses can do the same.
I should tell Gabe to play that movie for you kids on movie night, granted our usual kids might groan about it.
Now besides that what are you three doing here risking your safety?" Thomas was suddenly sturn.
"I wanted to get a better look at him." Raven sheepishly said.
"We saw Raven and followed." Johnny shrugged.
"Well if any one asks I brought you boys in here.
Now go to the cafeteria before you miss breakfast.
Cam Johnny either continue following him or go home and eat" Thomas shoved them out the stable doors.
Cam and Johnny figured to continue staying with Raven.

Kids were everywhere running across the rope bridges and ladders all heading to one place, the cafeteria.
"Can't be any worse than school." Raven said as he shrugged at them.
"You three best get moving or you'll be late." A young girl pulled at Raven's arm tugging him in the same direction as they sea of kids Can and Johnny followed close behind.
Once inside they saw the fuss, it was over crowded so as it was.
"You got to be kidding!?" Raven yelled over the chatter of millions of kids, it was a little unnerving for Cam and Johnny.
"Don't worry my gang always takes extra so we can skip the line, we always have more than enough." The girl said as she continued to pull Raven and now Cam who grabbed Johnny's sleeve as the girl pulled them towards a table that sat on the balcony overlooking the arena below.
"Guys make room for three more." The girl ordered.
"Sam who's the lost puppy and hmm well I guess still puppies?" A boy who looked like the tuff guy of the group. "Jack what did I say about name calling, they are not a lost puppies..."
"No their fresh meat.
I saw them sneak into the stables, that one fed Toothless." A boy a bit younger than Jack but just as big said as he put Raven in a playful headlock before sitting next to him.
"You fed Toothless!?
By the way Jonah what were you doing at the stables?!" Sam was shocked Raven and the twins had the guts to do such a thing, she was also concerned about her friend.
Only the stable hands and warriors had clearance to enter the stables.
"Yeah, by the way I'm Raven not fresh meat or lost puppy, their names are Cam and Johnny." Raven snapped. "Okay geesh don't get your panties in a bunch, we're just raging on you.
So Raven we saw you guys come in with the rescue squad, did you have any friends or family come in with you three?" Jonah asked.
"Yeah my cousins and brothers, along with school friends and school bullies." Raven answers as he filled his plate.
"Our girlfriends and their older brother."
Johnny said as he handed Can his filled plate and made his own.
"Your like his mentor or something?" Jack gave a cocky smirk.
"No." Johnny looked at Jack who just chuckled.
"How old old are you?" Cam asked Jack.
"Twenty.
Yeah I know eldest of our weird group but what can I say I love them especially Daniel." Jack laughed as he put a boy about Cam and Johnny's age in a headlock and ruffled his hair.
"Really Jack." Daniel muttered as he started cleaning his glasses...

Everyone became quiet once someone blew a Shofar, it was an unusual sound for Raven, Cam, Johnny and those who came in with them last night.
"You three look like you saw a ghost." Jonah whispered to them.
"What was that sound?!" Raven whispered back.
"That was just a Shofar, they used them in biblical times.
Oh that's rite you three probly still have no clue." Jonah remembered that Raven and the twins came from the city where all religion was abolished.
"No we know, we have a bible." Johnny said as he pulled out his gold Bible tag. "No way they are one of us already!" Oliver was surprised that someone let alone three from the city carried the Bible tag.
"How did your family smuggle that in..."

"The same way I did." James said as he playfully slapped Jonah on the back.
'He seemed to already be fitting in like he's always been here.' They all three pondered as they watched James interact with this new group they just met.

"Yes guys this in fact is my home, I excelled in my spy skills so I got recruited to be a spy within the city.
I was put with the street roamers, a family helped me find two adults that recently died that I could say were my parents.
Because I was a minor, I became ward of the city and placed into training." James explained as if he could read their thoughts.

"I have an important announcement...
As you all know we have some new residents and prisoners.
But we have in fact lost our prisoners last night as the night travelers came through our grounds.
They also took a few of our guards that were posted outside the prison.
We are sending scouts to search the prison grounds.
Until we can assure your safety no one other than those with the proper clearances are allowed out of the trees. I know most of you are thrilled because that means training is canceled..." Gabe waited till the kids were done cheering. "Well your wrong.
As you all know we were adding on a new section.
Well I'm pleased to inform you its finished.
Can anyone guess what the section is for?" Gabe smiled proudly as he watched all those happy faces turn to frowns.
The only ones that stood out were the new kids because they were clueless.
"A new training room, now before you complain its not nearly large enough for everyone.
So only our new recruits will train there with the trainers.
The rest of you will train here and in our other larger rooms.
So yeah training is not canceled." Gabe chuckled as he watched all the teens slump in their seats.
"Now as you leave you will be given badges, these badges assign you to your room and group, there you will also continue your lessons, do not think because of the unfortunate events that you have an easy chance to ditch or sneek out, we are going to be more vigilant and you will be punished as if you were a spy for the Night Traveler or for the city." Gabe instructed.

As everyone filed out each exit they were given colored badges, these badges that matched the color of the flag on the assigned treehouse buildings.
"Oh come on Hawk don't split up my team along with our newest members." Sam pleaded.
"Look Sam I don't make the rules, you and a few of your friends are in the advance classes, but I have no choice for the newbies they have to go to the beginner classes." Hawk instructed as he kept giving out the badges.
"Don't give me that, I know you have pull, your one of the trainers and you know you can't split up my team." Sam insisted.
Hawk quickly took the others badges except the three boys and gave them the same as Sam.
"That's the best I can do Samantha, they have to take the beginners course, here you three will be done before us, this will allow you three to come join us after." Hawk said as he gave Raven Cam and Johnny an extra badge.
"Tell you what if you come after your lessons with Miles and you boys can keep up with Sam's weakest member than I will see if Gabe will allow you three to advance into my class." Hawk offered.