Chapter 17 (Luke's past/presence)

It didn't take Luke and his friends long to become great worriors for the Night Walkers.
It was as if the Lord himself gave them extra strength and wisdom to achieve every task set before them.

As for the young girl...
Luke made it his mission to see her safe.
Luke found a camp that trusts and believes souly on God,his Son and the Holy Spirit (The Trinity).
They even claim to already battle in the Spiritual Realm.
To protect those who are yet aware of the Spiritual Realm.
Before Luke went back to his horrid camp, they taught him and his friends a few things about the Spiritual Realms and to have eyes to see into it...

Luke was appointed to be Bruce's apprentice.
Bruce is one of those creatures but not a very great one, there are others stronger and more fierce than him.
Even Bruce quakes in the presence of the others.

At first Luke assumed his leader was going to be a harsh one, making him carry out, outrageous orders of slaughter and torture but he was wrong. Their missions consisted in capturing their victims alive and train them as their worriors.
In fact sometimes it was up to Luke to train a new group.
Only because Bruce saw how the youngsters were calmer around Luke and that Luke had more patients than his other trainers.
Luke also made progress unlike the other trainers.

"You must be an older bother...
Tell me Lukas.
What are your siblings like?
Do you miss them?" Bruce inquired as they sat on their over look, above their mountain camp.
Considering the evil of these people the camp itself had some charm, when there was no training, you could hear giggles of the younger children play practicing.
Any passerby would assume it was a normal camp.

Luke heeved a heavy sigh before responding.
"I have one brother.
I raised him since birth.
Our mother died right after he was born.
leaving me to be his parent.
He was a stubborn one.
When he was still too young to learn I tried to teach him to...
Well...
To fool your kind if he was ever captured..." Luke paused.
Bruce's laughter startled Luke as did the slap on his back.
"So how did that turn out?" Bruce was still chuckling.
"Sorry to report.
I failed.
He cried.
I took pitty and called it a day.
We never bothered with that training again till he was old enough to be trained.
He turned out to be a good fighter after all.
Stubborn but my best pupil I have ever trained." Luke solomly said.
Tears welled up, as Luke talked about his brother.
Luke could almost see Jame from that first failed training and the successful yet stubborn ones.
Bruce caught a glimpse of a stray tear trickling down Luke's cheek.
It didn't pain the creature that the boy was sad.
It pained or more angered Bruce to see such weakness in his best warrior and trainer.
But he knew the only way to get the boy to listen now was to sound sympathic.

"My boy, you can not let yourself dwell to much in the past.
Especially that one in particular, it will be the death of you.
What if you are faced with fighting one of those young warriors from the other camps?
How will you be able to succeed if you saw a boy your brothers age or with similar features?
He will most likely strike you before you could blink.
He will seize that moment because to him your his enemy.
I understand he is like a son to you.
Just like all of you are to me but if I let my heart lead, I would not be as strong as I am.
Lukas you need to burry your past before its to late." Bruce instructed. There was a sound in Bruce's voice that concerned Luke not to mention the awkward side hug Bruce locked him into, this is very unusual for the Creature.
Later that day Bruce had him do something that made Luke wish he could have stayed in that garden and never return to this Hell on earth.
"Today is your graduation Lukas.
You will be my commander but first, you must kill that scout." Bruce said as he led him through the woods and pointed to a young boy.