Chapter 9 (The Creatures)

Once the others were settled in the guest tree house which is big enough to house the cheaper by the dozen family time three, at least that's how Jake thought of it, he remembered watching the show on the old tablet his uncle had back at the camp when he was still just a boy before they moved to the city where his life was drastically changed.
As I was saying before I rambled... Once the boys were each settled in there rooms Raven, Jared and Mason sat on their balcony looking down at the now empty grounds it was eirie not a soul was down there at least they thought.
Cam and Johnny also stood out on their balcony they joined into their balcony they all took in the sight together.
"So how is it being with you real parents?" Raven asked.
"Its nice.
Its funny how at home we already feel." Johnny grunted as Chase jumped into his arms.
"Mom said not to stay out here to long." Chase said he pressed his forehead against Johnny's.
Johnny pulled the boy into a hug.
"See what I mean?" Johnny chuckled.

As they stood there taking in the night sights, they heard a hoot followed by another, soon that was all they heard all over the trees surrounding them, with every hoot lights were turned out. Aussie came to Raven and Mas' room because they were the only two that didn't gather into the wreck room. Andrew, Jake, James, and Justin joined them.
"We need to go inside." Chase whispered as he squirmed down and ran back inside.

"What's going on?" Jared asked.
Johnny and Cam waited for that answers as well.
"Remember those creatures I mentioned, well they must have been sighted heading our way.
We should get inside.
Cam Johnny get inside."Aussie said trying to remove Raven who just got a glimpse of light.
"Trust me Raven you're not ready to see them.
Boys please." Aussie tried to convince them but neither of the boys listened.

Raven along with the others were so transfixed it was as if Aussie, Thomas Bash and Gabe were not even there. Than the worse, the light emerged with a being in a hooded black trench coat and many more followed as he took off the hood.
He looked like any other human.
Raven looked to Aussie for an explanation.
He said nothing but point his chin to look back at the beings.
That's when the lead being looked up showing his eyes that glowed like fire. Raven and the boys was terrified even though Aussie assured them that they can not be seen.
The being seemed to lock eyes with Raven who could not look away.
Than with Cam and Johnny who also didnt budge when Bash tried to pulk them away from the balcony.
A smirk graced the creature's face.
"I smell fear, what a lovely scent." The being chuckled but to Raven's surprise only Mason, Justin, Jared, James, Cam and Johnny heard it, even Chase was covering his ears and crying.
It was as if the being was standing right there next to them and not on the ground below when it spoke.

Once the creatures were gone the boys talked about it after Jake and the older ones left.
"That was the creepiest thing I've ever seen, trust me I seen some freakish stuff that the city was experimenting on." Justin cringed at the thought.
"But why were we the only ones to hear him speak?" Cam inquired.
As he and Johnny joined them in their room.

"You guys know not all of them are like that, there are normal kids like us that were kinda enslaved and brainwashed to be their followers." Simon said he happened to be walking pass the room when he heard them talking about the creatures.

"How did they get them, the kids?
Why are they even with them?" Mas asked.
"Runaways, kidnapped, the trains taking them to the factory, those things are the real bandits, we were just intervening before they attacked your train.
What Mack told Jake about well those thing did it and a few kids were killed in the process.
We happened to have found Ishmael and three kids he protected." Simon explained

"Guys lights out training is at first light, Simon you should know better.
Cam Johnny that includes you two also go home." Gabe knocked on the door frame and drug Simon out of the room and waited to make sure the rest of the boys split up to their rooms.
Cam and Johnny laid in bed talking about what just happened.
Chase climbed into bed with Johnny as Ana did the same with Cam.
"Did you hear it speak?" Chase whispered.
Both Johnny and Cam agreed they heard.
"Mainly only kids can hear them.
Dad said it varies some young adults can hear it to." Ana sighed as she snuggled closer to Cam.
"Ana you shivering are you okay?" Cam checked her forehead.
"Yeah just freaked out.
Your shaking to." Ana giggled.
"True but I never saw one before what's your excuse?" Cam teased.
"Ana almost got captured dad had to kill it well almost Olly saved them." Chase said.
"Good enough excuse for me." Cam said as he squeezed her tight.
"I won't let that creature near you, either of you." Cam assured her.
Ana and Chase both fell asleep while Cam and Johnny still talked.
Bash and Scarlet came to check on them.
""Mommy." Chase sat up sleepily and wrapped his arms around her neck.
Scarlet took Chase to his room after kissing Johnny on the forehead.
Bash did the same with Cam as he took Ana.
By the time they walked passed the boys room they were asleep.
They went in once more to tuck them in.
Scarlet noticed they were both snuggling their baby blankets.
"Bash look." Scarlet chuckled softly.
"Our two big babies." Bash teased.
As he wandered the tryna they went through.

That was the same night of Cam's nightmare and their parents falling asleep while comforting them...